Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2012 06:00

EMC Clariion monitoring tools

We currently have a CX3-10, CX3-20, CX4-120 and a VNX5300 which is attached to ESX, Windows and HP-UX hosts.  We currently don't monitor these, apart from use using the Analyzer NAR files when we have issues.

Do any of you guys have any 3rd party software or EMC software which would provide performance alerts and reporting on these arrays, and also keep performance data archived to look back over.  Would also be great if the products monitored from end-to-end, so we could get one big picture of our environment.

Thanks in advance!

45 Posts

May 24th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for the response, however i find Navisphere a great tool for when you have to start digging, but its the basics i want from this.  The nice graphs, the historical information stored in a backend databse which is easy to get to without having to merge NAR files then mess about with the data in Excel to produce nice looking graphs etc.

Surely there is a tool which can do this?

433 Posts

May 24th, 2012 07:00

CLARiiON statistics are  extensive and consistent with Navisphere Analyzer

Statistics displayed for:

– Disks

– LUNs

– Storage processors

CLARiiON Agent supports asynchronous events, including ―call home‖ alerts

Other tools that are there are all internal tools and not for the customers. ECC can be used to just manage the arrays together from one console but cannot be accustom to trigger performance alerts.

Other than analyser no tool is available for customers.

433 Posts

May 25th, 2012 02:00

Oops : i missed this line of yours : We currently don't monitor these...Working on Clariion for so long i could not imagine that Navisphere cannot be used by someone who has clariion.

So yes there is very much Naviphere and the 2nd version we have for Flare 30 and above is Unisphere. The nice graphs, the historical information stored in a backend databse can be done by only analyzer.

Thanks

4.5K Posts

May 29th, 2012 10:00

Currently Unisphere or Navisphere does not provide Alerts for performance issues.

Analyzer archives (NAR/NAZ) files can be collected automatically through the setup of data logging (Periodic Archiving) or by using Analyzer CLI commands (Support Solution emc148982 and emc218359). The data in the NAR files can be extracted (dumped) to a CSV file and imported into a database. I have heard on this forum that some customers have done this.

As previously stated the EMC Control Center (I believe it has a different name now) has an optional package called Workload Manager that can monitor performance (not alerts as far as I know).

glen.

5 Posts

May 25th, 2015 03:00

Hi

Please check the following link

Monitoring CLARiiON EMC, CX500, CX3-20 Storage Arrays

Downloaded the trial version. Looks good

Hope this helps

No Events found!