Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

June 2nd, 2009 14:00

Ip address filtering Navisphere Manager

How to configure Ip address filtering in Navisphere?. There is some documents.

10 Posts

June 3rd, 2009 00:00

Hi,

Can you please give your requirement in details. What exactly you want to achive.

Regards,

Kamal

June 3rd, 2009 05:00

I would like know, how to configure ip address filtering in Navisphere Manager or where I can configure ip address filtering for security.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2009 10:00

I've seen you can do that on Brocade with FOS 6.x ..but have not seen any documentation for Navisphere that states you can do that.

2.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2009 10:00

Are you trying to restrict systems that can connect to the array over IP and issue navicli commands?

Navisphere doesn't exactly have IP filtering, but it does have some mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access to Navisphere. Look through the help file on Privileged Users (enforces which user@ipaddress can connect to each SP) and on enforcing secure CLI by disabling classic CLI.

Otherwise if you are looking for a true IP ACL then you will have to use a switch that supports ACLs and create your own IP ACL list for the SP ports on the switch.

4.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2009 12:00

On PowerLink you can search for EMC CLARiiON Security - see the document below:

White Paper: Securely Managing EMC CLARiiON Storage Systems - A Detailed Review

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/White_Paper/C1114_Securely_Mng_EMC_CLARiiON_Storage_Sys_WP_ldv.pdf

glen

June 3rd, 2009 14:00

Thank you very much for the information.

4.5K Posts

June 4th, 2009 07:00

Where your questions answered fully? If so, could you please mark this thread as answered?

glen

43 Posts

December 4th, 2010 06:00

Is there an updated location of that white paper Glen?

Thanks!

December 5th, 2010 22:00

In response to the original question, and if I'm understanding it correctly and wants to limit by IP what systems can manage the array, in Navisphere Manager you can set IP Address Filtering as follows:

1) Login to /setup page (need Administrator or Security role):

https:// /setup

2) Click on "Set Administration Access Restrictions"

3) You can restrict by IP for the following:

to "Enabled" and click

No Events found!