Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2008 08:00

Navisphere Manager Tier

Hi Guys,

I have one cx3-20f with Navisphere Manager Department Tier. The array is connected to 5 hosts and we plan to connect it to an additional 4 hosts making the total number of hosts is 9. The question is, can i actually connect more than 7 hosts to a navisphere department tier? What would happen if i actually attach more than 7 hosts to a department tier.

I plan to upgrade it enterprise tier later but unfortunately the budget only will come at the end of this year, while the project will kick of soon. As i was saying, is it possible to connect more than 7 hosts to a navisphere department tier?

Regards

1.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2008 12:00

Departmental License supports upto 7 hosts (Workgroup is for 1-2 hosts) with Multiple CLARiiON arrays. For 8 or more hosts, you need to have Enterprise License. Enterprise license also includes multiple array support and NaviSphere Analyzer.

Again, I 'll request you to kindly discuss your situation with the EMC account team and plan accordingly.

Lastly - I 'll not comment anything more being an EMC person on the technical part of your understanding ;) as I already mentioned much in my earlier post :) - but you may get it clearer by referring the following plder posts in this forum - :)

http://forums.emc.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=563684򉧤

http://forums.emc.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=490259񷬓

Cheers,
Sandip

1.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2008 09:00

Hi,

First of all warm welcome to the EMC Support Forum. Hope you find this useful, helpful and worth participating and contributing on a regular basis.

Coming to your question - I must admit that I am not in the sales so should not comment much. But I 'll suggest to discuss this with your EMC Sales Rep / Account Manager and plan accordingly with the right option. As I understand, you may be able to connect more hosts technically, but will run into the situation voiding the license agreement. So, better to engage EMC team and buy their suggestion based on your need and budget.

Others in the forum may have some valuable suggestions or inputs.

Cheers,
Sandip

September 3rd, 2008 11:00

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for replying. So correct me if i'm wrong, based on my understanding, i will be able to connect more than 7, it's just that it will void my license agreement, is this correct?

I will talk to EMC sales rep and find a work around for this situation.

Thanks
No Events found!