Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2013 07:00

Trouble removing DAE from CX3/40c

I am having some difficulties removing a DAE from Navisphere on my CX3/40c (FLARE 3.26.40.5.025).  I have unplugged the shelf (and removed it from the rack).  There were no RGs or SGs on the shelf and it was the last in the chain.  For other reasons, the entire array was even powered down a couple of times.  It still shows up in Navisphere as Faulted (yeah, I know, virtual fault - not really affecting anything).  Is there anything I can do to force the removal of the shelf from the array - even something in NaviCLI?  Thanks!  Ron

812 Posts

Were all drives in unbound state ?

If yes try restarting management server (SP-IP/setup) on both SPs.

1.4K Posts

If even after restarting the management server it shows faulted on Navisphere. reboot one SP at a time and check if fault gets cleared.

If still the same, reboot both the SP's at the same time and check.

If still the same, verify on the array if there any fault LED is lit or not!

13 Posts

February 20th, 2013 08:00

The hard drives were unbound (there is only 1 LUN defined on the array and it's parked on the OS drives).  I have also done a management server reboot.  I'll try an SP reboot and report back.

1.4K Posts

Cool. No Problem.

13 Posts

Rebooted both SP's - one at a time - no difference.  Fault light still lit on the SPE, disconnected DAE still showing up in the physical inventory in Navisphere.

812 Posts

February 20th, 2013 09:00

Thought of asking you to reconfirm disk status, as even SP reboot didn't resolve the issue.

13 Posts

February 20th, 2013 09:00

OK - I feel stupid.  Apparently there was a hot-spare defined on that shelf.  Oops.

4.5K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 14:00

Try Restarting Management Server on both SPA and SPB at the same time - within 10 seconds of each other. Sometimes the SP that is running is keeping the state of the DAE. restarting both at the same time, should clear the status on both.

If you are using VNX then you can restart the Management Server using naviseccli:

Another way to restart them more or less simultaneously is using naviseccli and concatenating 2 commands on one line using a semicolon to separate them:

naviseccli -h spa networkadmin -restartcimom; naviseccli -h spb networkadmin -restartcimom

glen

No Events found!