Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2008 03:00

Virtual disks not being displayed

Hi there,
I am having issues with an AX100 that has developed recently with no changes being made to the unit what so ever. When I try to view the Virtual Disks through Navisphere Express, the page only displays one of the two disks and reports that 'An unknown error has occurred while displaying the page.' . I have not tried reboioting the unit as it is in a live 24/7 environment and down time is not really an option! Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea what the problem could be?

Many thanks in advance

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 13th, 2008 11:00

Greetings,
What version of FLARE are you running on the unit? Is rebooting the management server an option for you? If so you should try that first.

17 Posts

February 14th, 2008 08:00

The FLARE code is 02.17.100.5.006 and unfortunately rebooting the server is not really a viable option as it is in a live environment. Seems a little strange that it has been operating without any problems for about a year or two and then just suddenly decides to throw it's toys out of the pram! There are no problems reported by the server the virtual disks are assigned to, just doesn't want to display information about one of the virtual disks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 19th, 2008 13:00

After speaking with Engineering, this issue has been fixed in FLARE 19. Your best bet would be to upgrade to this FLARE level. A reboot may help as well.

If neither of these are an option, I would recommend calling EMC customer service.

17 Posts

February 20th, 2008 00:00

What can I say but thanks for the information! I had a nasty feeling it would be a FLARE issue despite there being no changes made to the system......I guess we'll have to suffer a little down time whether we want it or not! Thanks once again for your help
No Events found!