Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2010 08:00

clariion CX700 still available?

Hello Experts,

We have few EMC clariion boxes(CX300,500,600 and 700). We are happy with the storage and we like to

have a new EMC storage.we like to purchase the higher end clariion box CX700.

like to know still EMC is producing such boxes, if not can I have the equivalent model?

Any help ,appreciated....

Thanks

Raju

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

April 25th, 2010 08:00

These are pretty old boxes you have, they are no longer available from EMC . You want to look into CX4 series

http://www.emc.com/products/series/cx4-series.htm

60 Posts

April 25th, 2010 21:00

Thanks, I got it.could you tell me how we select the right storage  box?we have oracle10g,ASM ,120GB database ,24/7,OLTP .could you suggest a  suitable box?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

April 26th, 2010 03:00

there are so many things to consider (capacity, performance, feature set, price ..etc). I would engage your local EMC team to assist you with sizing an array.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

April 26th, 2010 05:00

Dynamox is right. The new CX4 arrays have better cpu's, more memory and a faster backend and frontend. So it all depends on what you actually need. Do you need lots of cache for burst writes ? Do you need many disks for a guaranteed high IOps handling ? Call your EMC rep and talk with him.

2.1K Posts

April 26th, 2010 07:00

While it would be easy enough to say "Go with a CX4-480 to replace your CX700s and the CX4-240 can blow the socks off any of the other models you have"...   That doesn't really give you the full picture. Depending on what you are doing with them, you might be able to consolidate everything you have today onto a single CX4-960 or you might need to spread it out over multiple CX4-480 (or some other mix). The playing field has changed enough that you need to have a good understanding of what you want the new arrays to do for you to be able to answer. Engage your local EMC Account Team. They will have the expertise to help you make the right choices.

I would recommend starting the discussions soon too... You only have 19 months to End of Support Life on the CX500s & CX700s. Depending on your environment it could take a lot of planning and effort to migrate from the old array to the new.

4.5K Posts

April 26th, 2010 19:00

There are migration paths for the old arrays, but it's pretty complicated - I also would recommend contacting your local EMC group for help with this.

glen

60 Posts

April 26th, 2010 23:00

Thanks Experts,I will be contacting the EMC partner to do the hardware sizing.....

No Events found!