Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2011 08:00

clariion luns

Hi

i have one lun mapped to linux host. if i unmap this lun from current linux host. will i be albe to access that Luns data from another linux host.

we have no access logix or any other kind of masking implementation.

Thanks

sandeep

180 Posts

May 16th, 2011 07:00

Hello,

We're going to move this thread over tho the Support Forums Community where it can be addressed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

244 Posts

May 16th, 2011 08:00

Hello, We've moved your question to the CLARiiON Support Forum where it should receive prompt attention. Thanks.

4.5K Posts

May 17th, 2011 14:00

What model CLARiiON are you using and what is the flare vesrion?

Any time you move a LUN from one host to another host, you may experience issues - you would need to check with the OS vendor. The array will not change the data on the LUN.

glen

433 Posts

May 18th, 2011 09:00

Hi Sandeep,

Yes if you remove the luns completely from host and then assign it to the other you will easily be able to access it.

Remove that lun from the Storage group which is assigned to the host. Restart the management servers on both the SP's.

Then assign the lun to the SG that should be or already assigned to the host that to which you want to present the Lun to.

If any issues or problems please get back to us or paste the error here. We will look into it.

Rupal

1.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2011 13:00

is it even possible to have a storage group layer w/o  having access logix

5.7K Posts

July 4th, 2011 05:00

Although I've never intentionally worked without Access Logix, you could choose not to enable AL on a new Clariion. You won't be able to create SGs at all.

If AL is already enabled, you must create a SG.

No Events found!