This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

October 15th, 2009 04:00

data copy to clar disk is too slow.

CX3-80
HP-UX 11.11

While checking the perfrmance issue from the host side ,noticed the following message.
"LVM: VG 64 0x220000: Data in one or more logical volumes on PV 31 0x0b0100 was lost when the disk was replaced.
This occured because the disk contained the only copy of the data"

I know this is mor of a HP-UX question. I am concerned as it is referring to disk replaced. Currently i dont have access to array to check the logs. Any one happen to see this earlier?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 15th, 2009 21:00

is bad block relocation disabled on the logical volume ?

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

March 27th, 2010 02:00

have the standard of BBR se to None . How does that matter?

In my case it turned to be only a particular folder(from that file system) which has A LOT of small log files was getting copied slower. Rest was good.

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

August 8th, 2010 04:00

A lot of small files from a particular sub directory was contributing the slowness when it starts copying those files/area

15 Posts

August 8th, 2010 05:00

that could be causing random IO.

may be worth a host based defrag?

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

August 8th, 2010 06:00

I have known only defrag at RG level and Windows OS level. Do any one perform defrag from HP-UX here?

1 Rookie

• 

137 Posts

August 9th, 2010 00:00

Hello SKT,

The error comes from PVlinks (HP native multipath) and discusses Logical Volume Managr.

I completed a search of the HP site and came accross the following:

Syslog Messages

1. LVM: VG 64 0x010000: Data in one or more logical volumes on PV 188 0x072000 was

lost when the disk was replaced. This occurred because the disk contained the only copy of

the data. Prior to using these logical volumes, restore the data from backup.

This warning is reported when LVM cannot synchronize the data on a replaced disk

automatically, and the data must instead be restored manually by the administrator

from a back-up. This warning typically occurs when LVM discovers an

unmirrored

logical volume residing on the disk that was just replaced. When all the data on a

disk is

mirrored on other disks and a copy is available, LVM will automatically

synchronize the data on the replaced disk from the mirror copies.

You can see it on page 13 of  LVM Online Disk replacement (LVM OLR)

It looks like a PV links/LVM thing after a disk replacment, but it does look like the sys admin has some work to do.

It seems to be HP specific.

Hope this helps,

Nollaig

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

August 9th, 2010 16:00

Later realized that this PV link error was too old to consider and knew not related to the performance issue faced. But at the time of elimination phase we were just looking ALL the things/errors we see different.

No Events found!