Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2013 08:00

restarting web interface on AX4-5?

Hi Folks-

My AX4-5's web management interface (Navis) no longer responds. The device is still working, but I cannot get

onto the management interface. I've not received any EMC storage event notifications lately, either.

A cold restart of the device would cause a lengthy outage, as it would spend the better part of a day running file system

checks. Is there any way I can restart the management interface without restart the AX4-5 itself?

Thanks,

Mark

4.5K Posts

December 20th, 2013 14:00

That seems to imply that the Management Server running on the Storage Processors is not running. WHen this occurs, the only solution is to reboot each SP (one at a time).

You should also check with version of Flare is running. On the AX4, you should be running version FLARE-02.23.050.5.711 - this is the latest version.

glen

December 17th, 2013 10:00

Firstly, welcome to the forums, and above all, thank you for being an EMC customer.

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "CLARiiON Support Forum".

CLARiiON Support Forum

As long as the underlying web service is still available (and only Navisphere Management Server needs to be restarted), then for your AX4-5 whether you manage with Navisphere Express or Manager, the following process may help.  Can you give it a try?

How to restart the Management Server

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7393

If not, then we can review restarting CIMOM via CLI.  Just curious though, do you know if you manage via Navisphere Express? or is it Navisphere Manager?

7 Posts

December 19th, 2013 08:00

Chris-

Thanks, for the reply, and the advice about which forum to post to for visibility.

I tried, and I am able to access and login into the http://setup page, but only on 1 support processor- not sure why. Before I try restarting the management interface, I want to understand what the impact will be on the service processors. Will this disrupt service? Also, since I'm only able to access, one SP, I'm somewhat loathe to server the only

connection I have with it at present , even if it only is the setup page .

I'm realy concerned that I can't connect to the other SP- I checked in the machine room, and it's all green lights on back as

well I I can see. Is there any other way to see what's going on there?

Thanks,

Mark

4.5K Posts

December 19th, 2013 14:00

You can try using CLI to send commands to the Storage Processors:

naviseccli -h IP_Address_SPx getagent

This will tell you if the CIMOM is running on the SP.

Also, just a simple ping to the IP address of each SP would tell you if the SP is running.

glen

1 Message

December 19th, 2013 22:00

what the hell ?

I have same issue with same AX4-5 and it's happens on this week.

CIMOM doesn't run : Message : Error occurred because connection refused. Management Server is not running.

Attempt to connect through console was unsuccessful too.

7 Posts

December 20th, 2013 10:00

Glen, Chris-

I can ping the IPs for both SPs, and the SAN is still working- I just can't reach the management interface.

I tried restarting the management interface on A using the button off of the /setup screen- it never came back

The CLI fails:

./naviseccli  -h 129.74.xx.xx  getversion  returns

network error occurred while trying to connect: '129.74.xx.xx'.
Message : Error occurred because connection refused. Management Server is not running.

Admittedly, I've never used the CLI before (the previous sysadmin set it up) so I can't vouch for its configuration.

7 Posts

December 30th, 2013 08:00

Glen-

Sorry for the delay in response- I was out of the office last week.

So, to restart an SP, where I have no CLI or Web access, what are my options, besides hitting the power button?

I am not able to scrounge up a micro-USB cable to get on the serial port (does anyone even make these anymore?).

And the other SP will keep everything up and running, right?

Thanks,

Mark

No Events found!