Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2008 10:00

CAVA Problem

Hi,

I have 2 AV servers with McAffee and CAVA 3.2.6 installed on those. One of them i just installed it on. Now i want to make sure they are working fine.

I ran full scans on file systems, so e.g. i ran following command
server_viruschk server_2 -fsscan users_fs -createand immediately i get the output
server_2: done

Then i run
server_viruschk server_2 -fsscan users_fs -list
and the out put i get is
server_2 :

ERROR: File system not in the scan.

Error 13158645874: server_2 : ERROR: File system not in the scan.

I want to be sure that CAVA is doing its job. Another thing is the server where i just installed the CAVA agent, i am getting 2 event notifications there every 5 minutes.

One is Error with event id=143 and source=EMC CAVA and description is "CAVA has detected the termination of the resident Network Associates. CAVA will no longer process Celerra AV requests until the resident antivirus software is restarted."

Second is Information with event id=142 and source=EMC CAVA and the description is "CAVA has detected that the resident Network Associates is running"

What did i do wrong during the installation ? or am i missing any settings?

1.5K Posts

September 30th, 2008 14:00

Hi,

Sorry - I might have overlooked this post earlier. Do you still have this issue? If so, please ensure that the AV server is configured properly - using the domain account to be used for CAVA and this account is having local admin right on the AV server and Virus checking rights on the Data mover.

However, I hope the issue is resolved by now. If so, please update the post accordingly.

Thanks,
Sandip

61 Posts

October 1st, 2008 08:00

It got resolved, how can i close the thread w/o assigning points

1.5K Posts

October 1st, 2008 08:00

Great to hear that. What was the issue and how did you fix that?

To close the thread - you can simply choose this as Answered without selecting any Correct or Helpful answer.

Thanks for the update.
Regards,
Sandip

61 Posts

October 1st, 2008 09:00

Actually i had to uninstall McAfee adn then reinstall McAfee first and then install CAVA with McAfee services stopped.

I cant see "This is answered option" w/o clicking on Helpful or correct.

1.5K Posts

October 1st, 2008 09:00

Thanks again for the update.

Do you see on top of this particular thread a message bar like -

Your question is not answered.
Mark as answered.

Don't go to any reply or post message screen - on the thread you may click to choose it as answered.

However, if not possible, don't worry much - we may ask one of our moderator to mark it answer if required - or else, let it be as it is :)

Most importantly your issue is resolved - and that's count :)
Cheers,
Sandip
No Events found!