Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2011 08:00

CSA Storage Provisioning fails to verify target

I've added an addistional blade to my NX4. I've tried running the Storage Provisioning tool, but it gets stuck at Verify Target.

The details from the error just state that "Not able to process templates. Timeout waiting for state SS_TEMPLATES_GENERATED"

Searching for anything related to that comes back with nothing.

When I look at the /nas/log/provision.log log. http://pastebin.com/HgfdPxEy

Any advise in getting past this error?

Thanks!

5 Posts

September 1st, 2011 10:00

I was logged in as root, so I relogged in as nas admin.

The log changed from

errorMessage:string="NAS_DB environment not defined"
to
storage group inconsistency NAS_DB - /etc/be_sg_info "Celerra_CELERRA-DALLAS" vs "Celerra_emcnas_i0"
Changing the strings in be_sg_info from "Celerra_emcnas_i0" to "Celerra_CELERRA-DALLAS" hadn't yeideled any change other that stops popping up in the log.

33 Posts

September 1st, 2011 10:00

Greetings,

In the log, you have a "NAS_DB" environment parameter undefined error.

Normally this variable is set when you login as "nasadmin" but it is not if you login as "root".

How did you login to the GUI?

Kola

33 Posts

September 1st, 2011 11:00

Greetings,

There is a knowledgebase article, emc188645, that refers to the new error. 

The default system name of "Celerra_emcnas_i0" would normally be changed in all the relevant places in the NASDB after the original Celerra Startup Assistant was used to install the machine with a non-default hostname. If the Control Station name host only been changed with say a UNIX "hostname" command, then that will result in inconsistencies throughout the NASDB.

The place to change the Control Station Name, after CSA has been executed, is in the Celerra Manager GUI. As I recall, this time, you do have to login to the GUI as "root" to do that. Once the name is changed in the GUI, I remember having to reboot the Control Station.

5 Posts

September 1st, 2011 14:00

I've changed the default system name to what it should be, but I'm not able to reboot the Control Station at the moment. Many VM's relying on it. :/

I will try and reboot the Control Station and give any feed back when I do.

Thanks!

September 9th, 2011 13:00

Quonic,

I simply wanted to point out that rebooting the Control Station will not affect access to the datamovers.  You will of course not be able to manage the Celerra and until the Control Station is back online, datamovers will not fail-over if there was a hardware fault on the active datamover as it is the CS that initiates that process.

Then again, planning the reboot of the Control Station during a maintenance window is a good decision, but not entirely necessary.  I'm not manking any judgement on the decision to reboot the CS; simply wanted to inform you that it is nondisruptive as noted above.

5 Posts

September 16th, 2011 12:00

After some time digging around some documents that I found. One had the configuration information.

So I was able to access Naviphere and I am able to create RAID Groups, LUNs and Storage Groups.

But I am not able see them in the Celerra Manager.

If I skip using the Celerra Manager and login via SSH to the control station. I can run the setup_clariion -init command  and I get this http://pastebin.com/Y5Q6JhZB

"hs::summary, can't find disk"

It's a mystery to me.

No Events found!