Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2009 09:00

Celerra Replicator V2 perfromance issues

We are performing a replication of a single 30 Gb file system using replicator V2. We are getting a transfer rate of 25 MB/s and available bandwidth between 2 celerras is 256 MB/s. So is there anyway we can tune on the celerra to get good transfer rate . Will there be any increase in the throughput if we replicate large file systems or do something on tuning of the celerra paramaters.

59 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 12:00

Is there high latency between the sites?  Are the sites very close or across the country.

Ken

152 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 13:00

The roundtrip time between these sites is 31ms. These sites are close to each other. So, i think there is less latency.

59 Posts

November 24th, 2009 04:00

That latency is pretty good for any off site location.  Are all the numbers in M-byte and not M-bit?  Is this a shared line with other traffic?  Are you able to look at the link utilization on the network side?

Ken

152 Posts

November 24th, 2009 07:00

All values are in Mega Bytes per second. The link is shared between the two sites. I didnt do any network analysis on the Network side. So,is there any problem with the Celerra or on the network side. When i set up the Replication i just used default values . Do i need to tune anything on the Celerra to get better throughput or may be problems with the Network. Will there be any increase in the transfer rate if we Replicate large file systems . I am just using 30 Gb file system for replication.
No Events found!