Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2011 08:00

EMCOPY not copying all files

Question/help - I am migrating from a Windows 2003 file server to an NS-480 CIFS Server I have. I am running the EMCOPY tool from the Windows Server. I have taken ownership of all the files and folders on the Windows Server. I am using the /o /s /log: switches. The Windows File Share i am copying is 300GB to the CIFS which is 500GB, plenty of space. It copies some but not all the files. I am not sure what I am looking for that may be causing the problem. I have attached the log file report. Can someone please take a look and advise ? I really appreciate it.

1 Attachment

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 17th, 2011 08:00

i see a lot of "unable to set SID", must have accounts that are no longer in the active directory. Take a look at this solution, by setting these datamover parameters emcopy will copy those files regardless.

emc46968

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 17th, 2011 10:00

hmm..must be old information in the article, you don't need to reboot datamovers. You can these online, see where it says change_effective ..immediate ..no reboot is required

[nasadmin@NS80CS]$ server_param server_2 -facility cifs -info acl.mappingErrorAction

server_2 :

name                    = acl.mappingErrorAction

facility_name           = cifs

default_value           = 0

current_value           = 0

configured_value        =

user_action             = none

change_effective        = immediate

range                   = (0,15)

description             = Define rules for an unknown SID/UID/GID mapping

[nasadmin@NS80CS ~]$ server_param server_2 -facility cifs -info acl.retryAuthSid

server_2 :

name                    = acl.retryAuthSid

default_value           = 10

current_value           = 10

range                   = (1,4294967295)

description             = Retry in seconds to resolve a SID (10 is default)

[nasadmin@NS80CS ~]$ server_param server_2 -facility cifs -info acl.FailOnSDRestoreError

server_2 :

name                    = acl.FailOnSDRestoreError

default_value           = 1

current_value           = 1

range                   = (0,2)

description             = Determine action on security descriptor mapping error

7 Posts

November 17th, 2011 10:00

Dynamox,

I read that support article and I appreciate the reply but that is a poor solution. IS there any other way besides A) changing the data mover and requiring a reboot thus causing a performance hit as the article mentions or B) going into each item and changing the AD permissions on the 1000's of items listed ????

Isnt there a switch in EMCOPY that says, "Ignore the SD if it cant be resolved" and copy anyway ????

275 Posts

November 18th, 2011 01:00

Dynamox is correct, no need to reboot to change those params

The 1337 errors that are in the EMCopy log indicate that the process failed to apply SD (ie ACLs), as Dynamox says it's possible that some ACEs contain unknown SIDs. If these unknoiwn SIDs come from Windows users that were deleted from AD then you can just ignore them (setting param acl.FailOnSDRestoreError=0 will prevent the DM to return an error message when an unresolved SID is enconutered). But in any case (FailOnSDRestore=0 or 1, then the unknown SID is removed from the ACL and remaining part of the ACL is applied (ACEs with SIDs that can be resolved).

If the unknown SID is the owner of the file, then that unknown SID will be replaced by the one of the user running EMCopy

As Dinamox says, the other 2 params can be set if you suspect that the SIDs cannot be resolved because of slow DCs

The other error (32) is returned because more likely the file is in use/locked

You can get the error message corresponding to ERRNO with the following CMD "net helpmsg 32"

Claude

No Events found!