Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2014 21:00

Error 0x800700FF: The extended attributes are inconsistent (when uploading Data Loss Prevention Endpoint 9.2.x tagged files to EMC Celerra NAS)

Good day!

I got an error when copying files to our celerra system. The error is as follows:

Error 0x800700FF: The extended attributes are inconsistent (when uploading Data Loss Prevention Endpoint 9.2.x tagged files to EMC Celerra NAS)

Now this site (IM1:InQuira InfoCenter - Error 0x800700FF: The extended attributes are inconsistent (when uploading Data Loss Prevention…) has suggest running this command to change the EAS attribute value (# server_param server_2  -facility cifs -info set_eas_ok -value 1).

But after running that command nothing happens. EAS Value does not change.

By the way, I'm using EMC Celerra Manager - Advance Edition v 5.6, a web based gui which has a command line function where I ran the command.

I appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks!

674 Posts

January 30th, 2014 23:00

I think the syntax of the command is wrong, it should be -modify instead of -info,

the correct command would be:

server_param server_2  -facility cifs -modify set_eas_ok -value 1

7 Posts

February 12th, 2014 05:00

I see! That should do it then! I was afraid to try. Do I need to have emc restarted/rebooted for this to take effect?

8.6K Posts

February 12th, 2014 06:00

Just change it via the GUI - it will tell you whether it needs a reboot to be effective

No Events found!