Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2014 05:00

Hard drives for NS 480

I currently have a NS 480 which I am in the process of migrating data off to other SANs in the organization.  Recently, we have had some drive failures and I have had those replaced.  We do not have an active support contract on this system.  However, I would like to know if it is possible to purchase any drive (for instance, a 450GB 15K) and use it as a replacement in the 480 or must I purchase a new or reconditioned drive from EMC or aftermarket vendor, respectively?  I really just need this system to get us through the next month, possibly two and then I will be in the clear.

I think I know the answer to this question, but figured I would throw it out there and see if I could wrong in my assumptions...

Thanks!

-John

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

must purchase drives formatted specifically for EMC array, can't get a drive from Best Buy and expect it to work. Also make sure the firmware on the drive is supported by your Flare revision.

that is what I assumed...thanks for confirming that!

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

no problem John, should be able to get one relatively cheap from 3rd party. Here is the latest drive oe matrix

1 Attachment

No Events found!