Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2013 04:00

How to replace Control Station in Celerra NX4 Integrated Storage ?

I have to replace the control station in Celerra NX4 Integrated Storage system,can i directly go for latest code for the control station ?

In Celerra NX4 only one control station is there and it was down right now.Please share the procedure also.

1.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 04:00

Hi Rohit,

Welcome to ECN! I would request you to move this discussion to Celerra Support Forum for quick response by our community experts!

Ankit

5 Posts

July 10th, 2013 04:00

After the replacement of control station with faulty one,we run NAS_Checkup and find out that:-

1.All disks are enabled

2.No luns stresspassed

3.HBA bound status is fine

4.Read/Write Cache enabled.

with one service is failed NASDB with this Error Message: found 13 disk file entries but 18 disk volumes. But there were no disk entries present in nas_disk –list.

For resolving that issue we have to reinstall the Linux on control station but I am not able to find any procedure or primus related with this issue.Please suggest me on this…

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 06:00

Hello Rohit, do you find the correct procedure to chage the control station?. I'm doing a disaster recovery plan for this scenario, bus I can't find this procedure, or best practice in the administration of the celerra thet help to recover the control stattiof after a failure and replace the part.

Regards

24 Posts

October 23rd, 2014 04:00

Hell Rohit Yadav,

This is not simple client OS re-installation. This is an elaborate procedure which needs to be performed very specifically. I would suggest, rather have an EMC personnel do it for you by coming on-site. But if you still wish to perform it yourself, please raise a chat with Celerra support team and they should be able to give you the procedure almost instantly. There is just one more thing ... 5.6 is now absolete. Celerra support no longer support this code. You will have to be in 6.0 family for support.

8.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 11:00

Correct

Replacing the control station has to be done either by EMC service or an authorized service partner who has the training and the procedure

No Events found!