Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2010 06:00

V1 to V2 Upgrade Script

We are performing a V1-V2 Upgrade on four celerras which are running at DART 5.6.44. All the four celerras are linked with each other so i think we can run the upgrade script on one celerra and replicator V1 to V2 gets upgraded on all the Celerras. I am following a document on the V1-V2 upgrade script which tells what are main steps involved in the Upgrade procedure. Can any one tell me if in the middle the upgrade script fails what is the backout plan to get back to Replicator V1 and how much time it might take.

Thanks,

674 Posts

March 4th, 2010 22:00

Yes, going back to V1 is no option in this szenario.

8.6K Posts

March 4th, 2010 08:00

AFAIK the upgrade skript is supposed to be run by EMC customer service so I suggest to open a service request

674 Posts

March 4th, 2010 08:00

Can any one tell me if in the middle the upgrade script fails what is the backout plan to get back to Replicator V1 and how much time it might take.

The script will stop all replications, change V1 to V2 and restart one replication after the other.

For this szenario, going back to V1 is nearly a nightmare. It is much manual work, depending on the number of replications already converted, this will take hours. It does make much more sense to troubleshoot broken upgrades and eliminate the reason for the interruption, and then restart the upgrade script.

So I do not think, there is a way back to V1.

Depending on the number of replications it will take a few hours.

152 Posts

March 4th, 2010 09:00

Peter,

Thanks for that information. As far as my understanding when we run the V1-V2 upgrade script V1 replications will be aborted and upgrades all the V1 replications to V2. So in the middle of the upgrade suddenly script detects errors and the only way is to troubleshoot those errors and restart the script. When the script upgrades  some V1 replications to V2 and in the middle if script finds errors there is no way to convert the  already converted V2 replications to V1 is that right ?,We just need to proceed by resolving those errors.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

No Events found!