Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2009 10:00

VDM replication issue on NS-120s

I have two NS-120s runinng Dart 5.6.45.  I am trying to setup CIFS replication between them.  The source has a VDM with 4 CIFS servers, 3 file systems and verious shares.  I have been trying to replicate the vdm so that when I replicate the file systems they have a vdm to mount to.

When I try to replicate the vdm I get a message saying that no suitable pools are available.  Thinking this was a desitination issue i spent some time trying different options including creating a vdm on the destination manually first.  This vdm showed up as a destination for the replication but alas still failed with the same error.

Now I realise the issue is with the source.  I proved this by trying to create a local replication of the vdm.  This failed also.  So he's what I think the issue is:  The clar5_performance pool is 100% full with one file system on it.  clarata_archive pool has about 24% avaiable of 10TB.  I tried to replicate the file system from clar5_perfomance to the clarata_archive pool but it fails.  It does take the space away from the sata pool but gives it back after the failure.

I'm thinking the issue is around no space available on the clar5_performance pool. Could this be to do with the Sav vol?

Any ideas?

Alan

8.6K Posts

December 11th, 2009 11:00

try /nas/sbin/rootfs_ckpt

Rainer

8.6K Posts

could be because the replication needs checkpoints and you dont have space

try creating a manual checkpoint of the VDM specifying the sata pool for the savvol

then try the replication again and all the other checkpoints will use the same savvol

60 Posts

I'm running the following command

/nas/sbin/rootfs_ckpt root_fs_vdm_vdm01 -name vdmckpt -Create -readonly y pool=FS3_SATA_R5.

AND yes the replication worked.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.  I have been waiting for EMC support to help me on this and the forum was faster.  Go figure

Alan

60 Posts

I'm sorry, how do you create a checkpoint of a VDM?  I know how to do it for the file systems.

A

8.6K Posts

December 11th, 2009 12:00

you're very welcome

Rainer

No Events found!