Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

March 18th, 2010 01:00

first time standalone cifs server login failed

i created via celerra manager standalone cifs server and added share to it, but nobody cant access it via workgroup (there is no domain)

in manual about cifs said use "net use \\ip user:administrator", type password and will be fine to configure via computer management. But when i type password in cmd, it said user password must be change on first time... how to change administrator password on standalone cifs server?????

10 Posts

March 18th, 2010 02:00

I m use windows vista, there is no field logon, just login and old password and two new password, i resolve it by typing in Login IP\Administrator

But there is another problem, i still cant control users management on standalone server, it's still denied..., i found in another discusion words about emc180673 procedure, but i not understand how to find it...

GRRRRRRRR... it still not changed... how to change first time password under vista??????????

674 Posts

March 18th, 2010 02:00

CTRL-ALT-DELETE

Take a look at page 70 of the manual.

Change the password for the local Administrator account
Before you can administer local users and groups on the stand-alone CIFS server or local
users enabled domain CIFS Server, you must change the password. For Windows Server
clients, the password for a stand-alone server cannot be changed from a machine that is
joined to a domain. Create a stand-alone CIFS server on page 59 provides procedural
information.
Step Action
To change the password of the local Administrator account, log in to a Windows client and press Ctrl + Alt
+ Delete.
2. Click Change Password. The Change Password dialog box appears.
3. Fill in the fields as follows:
a. In the username field, type Administrator.
b. In the Log on to field, type the name or IP address of the CIFS server.
c. In the Old Password field, type the original Administrator account password you typed when you
enabled local users support.
d. In the New Password and Confirm New Password fields, type the new password for the
local Administrator account.

8.6K Posts

March 18th, 2010 03:00

you first *have* to change the Administrator password before you can do anything else including running mmc

after that it usually helps to first manually map a network drive like C$ to a drive letter using the CIFS local Adminstrators account/password to establish a security context

then run mmc or user manager

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 12th, 2011 18:00

How about changing Administrator Password in Windows 2008 system - whare there is no "login to" field.

I tried \Administrator and Administrator@ but it complains can't find .

I am using standalone CIFS server on VDM - i have edited the hosts file on windows 2008 R2 box and can ping as well.

I am using VNX7500...

Need help?

Thanks,

~Bish

8.6K Posts

August 13th, 2011 04:00

See the knowledgebase

There is also a Windows CLI net user

8.6K Posts

August 13th, 2011 10:00

VDM doesn't matter - just the CIFS server

66 Posts

May 24th, 2016 07:00

CIFS server login administrator account where is the located?(vnx or window client side)

8.6K Posts

May 24th, 2016 09:00

As with any CIFS standalone server local user/groups are kept on the local machine – in this case the VNX

66 Posts

May 24th, 2016 21:00

i was created cifs server on VDM and created shares.am using windows 8.1.so i cant acces created shares.i saw the article "need to change administrator password firs time."after ctrl+alt+del press and tried to change passwd.but its not change.so how to fix this issue?

8.6K Posts

May 25th, 2016 07:00

Try again from a client that is in the same subnet as the CIFS server

It does work when used and configured correctly

275 Posts

May 25th, 2016 08:00

Look at the following thread on ECN on changing the administrator's password for a Standalone CIFS server

https://community.emc.com/message/919818#919818

You might need to change the CIFS param nullSession before changing the password and then change it back once you're done

Claude

66 Posts

May 26th, 2016 07:00

cifs server vlan1 and my pc vlan2.but connectivity ok.this one reason to reset password?

66 Posts

May 29th, 2016 22:00

same vlan.but not working.

cifs-svr ip\Administrator    

old password

new password

password confirm

This steps did but acces denied

8.6K Posts

May 30th, 2016 04:00

Make sure you use the same password that you specified when you created the standalone CIFS server via UniSphere as the old password

If this doesn’t work I suggest to search this forum and the knowledgebase for alternatives

Or open a service request with EMC support or your service partner

8.6K Posts

May 30th, 2016 04:00

See this post that was referenced by bergesc https://community.emc.com/message/921598#921598

No Events found!