Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 26th, 2008 09:00

Permission for password database may be too restrictive (Gen4LP - 4TB)

Scenerio: A 4 node add was ordered by customer. The add will be adding cube 3, c003n01 - c003n04 along with the root switches. After enabling the root switches, I direct connected to node c003n04 and attempted to ssh using 10.255.0.1. I tried logging into the node as emcservice with the 3.1 and 4.0 passwords. Afterwards I tried logging in again as emcexpert with the 3.1 and 4.0 passwords. All logins reply with access denied. I then plugged in a monitor directly into each node and tried logging in via the keyboard. The nodes were at the "Waiting for clusternet IP" step of the bootup proccess, and I hit ALT+F2 to see a login prompt. The login prompt shows the new nodes are at 4.0 code. Again the login fails, but now states "Permission for password database may be too restrictive." After working with the lab, their recommendation is to order 4 replacement nodes to correct this issue.

Is there any other way to correct this issue, as these nodes are not available through local logisitics and must be ordered through corporate? Or has anyone run into an issue like this. I have ran into this issue once before at a different customer. There, this was a new install and when getting to add cube 3 of the configuration and ran into the same issue. "Permission for password database may be too restrictive." The labe requested ordering 1 replacement node that has a valid password database and login into that node to complete the rest of your work. This process worked, but if this is a known issue, it should be documented somewhere, or given a potential workaround.

Thank you.

47 Posts

October 8th, 2008 08:00

Hello -

As you can probably tell by the lack of response , this is a developer community focussed on application interaction with Centera and not an appropriate forum for service questions about Centera hardware. If you aren't an EMC field engineer (in which case you would have internal channels for these questions) I would suggest opening a case with EMC support.

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

No Events found!