Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 6th, 2009 20:00

View files in Centera

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, is there a way to view how many files and the type of files that were archived to Centera without purchasing additional license etc ?

I would like to know the number of files and the type of files that were archived to Centera without referring DX or any apps, is that possible?

Thanks

July 7th, 2009 00:00

Hi

Informatio provides an application called ApplicationAudit. It creates an SQL database for all existing and deleted content stored in a system. The GUI provided with ApplicationAudit is only answering questions like which objects were deleted by an application in a given timeframe and won't help you out of the box.

As ApplicationAudit stores the metadata and if you invest some time in creating SQL statements for the SQLExpress database you should be able to get the numbers you would like. An evaluation license for one or two month can be provided.
If you want one, let me know on holger.jakob@informatio.ch.

Best regards, Holger

124 Posts

August 4th, 2009 08:00

Data that is stored on Centera is not looked at as any type of data but is looked at as objects. All objects are treated the same. Centera does not know the data types, nor does it care, for all objects stored.

The information you are looking for should be available via the application that you are using to store your data onto the Centera. The application tracks information pertaining to the objects stored on Centera. You should be able to query the application database for the information you are looking for. Your application vendor should be able to assist in this regard.

July 15th, 2010 07:00

There is no need of going for an additional license and the task can be performed from the application side.

89 Posts

July 29th, 2010 05:00

Hello,

I see you posted a question regarding "View files in Centera" and that your question in this post appears to have been answered. Was this a correct or helpful answer? If so could you please mark the question as Answered (helpful or correct)?

Rgds

Ronan

No Events found!