Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 3rd, 2010 05:00

query large number of clips

Hi guys, I would like to query large amounts of information from Centera for reconciliation purposes (lets say the information of all clips

created within one month). In the SDK there is the class FPPoolQuery that I can use to do some queries but using this is a very

cumbersom approach as the sub-queries often time out and there is limited support in specifying filters.

Is there some tool I can use to do mass queries?

regards, Chris

409 Posts

May 3rd, 2010 06:00

Chris

I'm afraid the query API is really only designed for disaster recovery usage when you need to recover the clips as your databse with the content addresses in them is hosed.

As you are finding, the query API is a bit cumbersome if you want to do anything except query for clips within a date-time range, there is no other method of filtering the result set.

One thing you might find useful is you can specify a list of clip level attributes that are returned with the content address, you could check each of these to see if the clip is of interest to you.  It at least means you can chech the values without having to open the clip

May 3rd, 2010 06:00

Hi Paul, our customers want to have some weekly or monthly reconciliation between what our system thinks, that it has stored on Centera and what

is really on centera. So what I need is a performant and supported way to export meta-data (not the real objects stored there) from centera

and compare it with our database contentents.

The other thing is that our customers want some sort of statistic like how many clip ids have been stored on Centera, ... to do

capacity planning of their system.

Isn't there a tool available to do such exports? Is this only possible throughout the SDK?

c

417 Posts

May 3rd, 2010 08:00

Christoph - weekly / monthly reconciliation is a valid Use Case for Query so press ahead and use it for that.

CenteraViewer can provide you with capacity and object count stats.

Regards, Graham L. Stuart

Centera SDK Architect

May 4th, 2010 02:00

Hi Stuard, are there any plans to provide a broader management interface through the API for the future?

I really can't believe that thare is no convenient statistical, performance or export functionality already inside Centera?

c

409 Posts

May 4th, 2010 04:00

Hi

the customer gets for free the Centera CONSOLE product this can monitor  the performance and stats of up to 8 centeras, logging these details for trend analysis and capacity planning.

Is this the kind of thing they want to do?

May 4th, 2010 05:00

Hi Paul, I would really like to have a look at this product, is this something I could get from you?

c

417 Posts

May 4th, 2010 05:00

Aside from Console (that Paul mentioned) there is the FPMonitor API calls to gather stats programmatically . However, they are not that easy to use!

Regards, Graham L. Stuart

Centera SDK Architect

409 Posts

May 4th, 2010 06:00

I think your customer or you should have it already I think it ships with the centera.  Do you or the customer have a powerlink account it can be downloaded from powerlink.com or the customer should look to their sales account team for it

No Events found!