Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RQ

1 Message

December 3rd, 2018 23:00

Dell SC8000 Allocation Inquiry

Hi,

I'm inquiring in behalf of my client, they created Volumes and applied the Recommended Profile (Storage Profile) but didn't applied any Snapshot/Replay Profile, in short, most of the the Volume are remaining on RAID-10 Fast/Standard Tier. And the summary shows 0% available on those area. I created a custom profile before (RAID5/6 on Tier1 and Tier3) for volumes that only need capacity and not not write performance especially backup volumes. If they changed the Storage Profile of those Volumes that don't need Write performance of RAID10, will the allocation summary shows available space on RAID10 Fast and Standard? I'm also suggesting for them to apply the default Daily snapshot profile for the progression to happen.

Storage Summary.PNG

Thanks in advance.

• 

7.1K Posts

December 4th, 2018 08:00

Hello renen.quinto,

Based on the picture you posted you still have free space on your SC8000, so the volumes shouldn’t go into emergency mode.  If they were not using data progression on their volumes, then by turning that on & allowing it to run will move the data to the lower tiers.  It is best to call in to support with this so that we can confirm that all is setup correctly and ensure that data progression is running on all volumes & snapshots.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!