Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2008 06:00

Interopmode 3 betwwen DS5000B and CISCO MDS switch for Ibm blade center

hello
i have 2 fabrics with for eachone a DS5000 ( Brocade OEM) 16 port and CISCO MDS switch for Ibm blade center.

With FOS 6.01a for the 5000B who is the principal and SAN OS 3.1(3a) for the Cisco, i use the Interope Mode 3 on the cisco, so my DS5000 is not altered ( core PID enabled)

When i create or change my config zone on the DS5000, there is not propagation to the cisco !
if i make a "shut/no shut" for the ISL port on the cisco ( ext0) i have this message

PORT-5-IF_DOWN_ZONE_MERGE_FAILURE_ISOLATION: %$VSAN 1%$ Interface ext0 is down (Isolation due to zone merge failure

after i renable the port with "zone merge interface ext0 import vsan 1" and i get a correct new zoneset ..

but i can not stop my fabric for besure to propagate a zone change on my principal swith

someone has an idea ?

thank
Pascal

141 Posts

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

July 16th, 2008 10:00

Hello,

I looked up the configuration you noted and I don't see it on the EMC Support Matrix. Did you get special EMC Engineering approval for this configuration (RPQ)? Usually there are specific technical reasons why we don't list a configuration as supported on the matrix. Is the MDS switch from EMC or are there any other EMC producsts connected to this configuration?

Thank you.

3 Posts

July 17th, 2008 02:00

hello
thank for you answer.

My cisco switch is a Blade Switch fir IBM Blade Center, and he come with SAN OS 3.1(3a)
The brocade is OEM EMC and with FOS 6.0.1a.
i cannot find this exact configuration in EMC Elab, i find a compatibilty Matrix
for SAN OS 3.2.2c and 3.2.3a ..

July 17th, 2008 09:00

Hello,

Without it on the EMC Matrix, it isn't tested or supported by EMC. If you're talking about the Cisco Compatibility Matrix, that document doesn't note what EMC supports. All configurations we list on our matrix have been tested and approved for use. My personal recommendation would be to either change to an EMC supported one or have your EMC Support representative put in an RPQ. An RPQ is a request to use a non EMC supported configuration which we analyze and usually test to ensure that there aren't any issues. Once you have an approved RPQ, you can call into EMC with any issues we can assist you with it. If the configuration isn't on the Support Matrix, we do a best effort to assist but request the configuration be changed to supported if we can't resolve it.

Thank you.
No Events found!