Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2009 08:00

SanTap and IVR

Hi, we are thinking of deploying RecoverPoint with SSM. The SSM documents say that IVR and SanTap are not compatible together as they both straddle vsans and cannot be used together.

What does that Mean? A switch can't be IVR enabled if SanTap is in use? Or, IRV can be used just not in the participating RPA vsans?

TIA.

jim

141 Posts

November 28th, 2017 07:00

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

3 Posts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_3_x/troubleshooting/guide/ts_sntap.html

Limitaions
SANTap does not support IVR. You cannot run SANTap and IVR together.

jim

Hello,

What particular document are you looking at? Can you provide the page this statement is located on? Is it an EMC or Cisco document?

Thank you.

May 8th, 2009 09:00

Hello,

That is a Cisco stated restriction and may not be valid for EMC configurations. Please also note that particular Cisco guide is over a year old and the restriction may have been removed. Looking at Cisco guides that came out after this guide I don't see that restriction. I don't see that restriction noted in the EMC guides.

The only real way to tell 100% though would be for your EMC Solutions Arch. to look at your specific configuration and see if it is IVR is allowed or not allowed for it. This would depend on the switches, SAN-OS/NX-OS used, configuration planned, etc. Even if the restriction exists there may be ways to work around it that you can discuss with our field.

Thank you.

3 Posts

May 8th, 2009 10:00

Thanks for the reply. We are at 3.2(3a) on all of our switches.

July 26th, 2010 10:00

We are using both IVR and SANTap in the same switches, but don't use them both with the same HBAs.   In our case, the hosts using IVR are in the same VSAN as the SANTap back-end.   I believe the restriction is that you can't use IVR in the same VSAN that is the SANTap front-end.  And, I don't think it would be a good idea to try and use IVR in the SANTap back-end VSAN with an HBA that engaged in SANTap/RecoverPoint.  While it might work, diagnosing issues would be more complicated.

No Events found!