Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2013 08:00

emc ds24m2 please help, cant find any info on how to access or configure

I inherited this mess from someone no longer involved.  I need to know where i can download utils etc as well as most importantly accessing and configuration of it.  of course no logon creds were passed to me before the person left.  any help will truly be appreciated.

4K Posts

November 12th, 2013 23:00

EMC DS-24M2 is OEMed by Brocade. You can get the switch password recovery guide on their support site: Services and Support - Brocade

After you reset its password, you can configure the device either by Telnet or WebTools, and even Serial cable if you don't know the IP address.

6 Posts

November 13th, 2013 06:00

thanks much for the help!  I found this on another site as i couldnt find it on the brocade site....do the instructions below look accurate to you?  I plan to use a serial connection.  I am an IT pro but not a switch guru.  (I have zoned a silkworm or two years ago.)  Do I HAVE to flush the nvram to reset the password?  If  flushing nvram is necessary for the  pw reset then will that wipe out any installed licenses or just configurations? Thanks again in advance!

How Reset Password for EMC DS-24 M2 Switch

Connection Setup (HyperTerminal or Putty):

• 115200 baud rate
  • HW flow control

Login to the switch using EMC password which is "spider" in reverse
then using command

::PM ON

This will enable you to privileged mode then set switch to offline mode

::pcpswoff

Then flush the nvram of the switch

::pcpnvreset

This command will flush its nvram

Now you can login using its default admin password

default password

::Admin
::Password

6 Posts

November 13th, 2013 11:00

Fantastic if you could provide all of that!!!!!!  (and anymore insight about these classics lol!)  Do you know if the steps i listed earlier are correct for resetting password as well as the nvram question?  Hopefully a moderator will respond to your question about posting software etc on this forum.  If it is prohibited I might be able to come up with an alternate transfer method.  Thanks for responding so quickly.......

196 Posts

November 13th, 2013 11:00

I have 4 of them that are not in production.  looking for the software, manuals and should have FW its got to be here somewhere.

the ones I have are at FW 09.09.08.10

The FC Switches are McData,

Can we post documentation and software

6 Posts

November 13th, 2013 12:00

so the info you thought you had is not for the switch i have?

196 Posts

November 13th, 2013 12:00

I thought it was a Mc Data ?

The Connectrix DS-24M2 is a 2 Gb/s Fibre Channel Departmental

Switch. The DS-24M2 is installed in a Connectrix EC-1200 cabinet,

which also houses a Connectrix service processor.

196 Posts

November 13th, 2013 13:00

It is the same switch, looks like Roger got you everything you will need.

6 Posts

November 14th, 2013 07:00

Well I think i was able to putty into the switch last night via serial......it did not prompt for a username just a pw.....i thought that odd. once in I thought great.........but now what as i dont know cli for switches.  I believe you can use a web browser if you know the ip of the switch......which i dont, i dont even know what the default ip should be and havent had any luck finding out what it should be.  I also read that there is a management application for this...again havent been able to find out what it is or where to find it.  (switch newb remember). PL_LISD, ....roger got me rolling but I am still in need of the resources that you say you may still have.......as they say..."can ya help a brother out?"....lol.   Pleeeeease

26 Posts

November 15th, 2013 13:00

The EMC DS-24M2 is the EMC version of McData's ES-4500 or Sphereon 4500.  Those "came with" a web interface called "EFCM Basic".  The default IP is 10.1.1.10.  So, you should be able to put that IP address into a web browser and once it navigates there, you should be able to enter in the default user name of Administrator and password of password. Please note those values are case sensitive.  Below are the factory defaults I was able to find for this switch:

Factory-Set Defaults:

EFCM Basic Edition interface user name (case sensitive): Administrator

EFCM Basic Edition interface password (case sensitive): password

Customer-level password (maintenance port access): password

Maintenance-level password (maintenance port access): level-2

IP address: 10.1.1.10

Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0

Gateway address: 0.0.0.0

I hope the above helps!

196 Posts

November 18th, 2013 19:00

do you have a email or dropbox so I can send you the manual

6 Posts

November 21st, 2013 13:00

Thanks for the effort guys!  I finally stumbled upon the necessary info and now "own" the switch finally!  I still want to know this.........if you flush the nvram do you wipe out the port licensing ..........and wth is flex port?  have a good weekend and thanks again.  If someone can offer the management software i would still like to have it and will provide an address to send.  thanks........

26 Posts

December 4th, 2013 16:00

I'm not sure what happens should you clear the nvram but the function of the Flexport licenses were to "activate" the ports on the switches.

No Events found!