Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2014 11:00

Alienware MX17 R4 support or the lack thereof

I am soooo angry!! My Alienware has the known problem with the sound card not being recognised and I have downloaded the latest Bios and the latest Audio driver as advised. My system was purchased in the UK but I am currently in Florida where I spend the winters. I have tried everything to get someone to come out and solve my issues, so far I have been talked through International change of ownership (although they never successfully carried out the transfer), everytime I call I am advised that this is the wrong department and I should phone another number, I do and they tell me another number etc. Can anyone advise how Dell actually carries out support!! and how to fix my problem.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

March 6th, 2014 12:00

Ferndell

What sound card?  What is the known problem?  Being that this is the US forum you need to post this on the UK forum. Let them trouble shoot first, then they'll send someone out to fix it after it's diagnosed, assuming you have in home support.

Becareful flashing that BIOS unnecessarily.... it can become problematic.

Z...........

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 6th, 2014 19:00

Ferndell,

You must transfer the ownership of the service tag from your UK address to your USA address. Once complete (15 business days), go here and click on the blue hyper-linked, "Click here to schedule a service call" (For USA & Canada customers only).

No Events found!