Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

8 Posts

June 24th, 2020 12:00

Aurora R11, cancelled my order

Today was my expected delivery date for an alienware R11.

Woke up this morning to an email saying "

Your order has been delayed.
Unfortunately, your order has been delayed.
Your order is very important to us and we intend to ship it as soon as possible.

The delivery date of your order has been updated to arrive by:  JUL. 22, 2020.

Please use the button below to track your order or initiate a cancellation request."

was lied to by salesman on phone that it would ship may 18.

when i finally was able to reach someone i was told 6/24 was the expected date of delivery but that was a worst case scenario

I am sitting here with an alienware keyboard and mouse, external dvd drive, headphones and a new monitor all for a computer i will never receive.

HORRIBLE customer service, and when getting off the phone when purchasing it felt like a mugging.told myself it would be worth it for a nice computer.

8 Posts

June 24th, 2020 12:00

Order date was may 13

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 24th, 2020 13:00

All manufacturers are having problems now in this Covid-19 world. Many parts shortages, shipping delays, staffing problems, etc. Customized models are especially harder to complete and ship now. Just browse through the forums to see all the complaints and cancellations.  You might regret cancelling.  As another user, you have my sympathies.

I think you knew that a 5 day ship date was unrealistic.

8 Posts

June 24th, 2020 13:00

So, as a customer it's bad on me to believe a salesman from a huge company? aww, he just lied, that's alright?

the last computer I ordered and had shipped I had in a week. that was an HP. I speced that one as well.

is the 6+ weeks also unrealistic?

did they show up for work this morning and discover my computer was not ready to ship?

when did they know it wouldn't be delivered today?

they tell me its another month on the day it's to be delivered.

6 Posts

June 24th, 2020 14:00

I almost cancelled my order and someone reached out to me. I did however wait from may 2nd to June 17. The salesman also said it would be shipped out the 28th of May. It is frustrating, but after I posted my frustration on here I had the machine in 2 days ... which was odd. The call centers are a joke right now though. This is the only place you can get a straight answer.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 24th, 2020 16:00

I'm surprised nobody has deleted all your origin ads.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 24th, 2020 16:00

@steve5322   did they show up for work this morning and discover my computer was not ready to ship?

assembled in the USA    4th of July specials!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 24th, 2020 18:00

@r72019   I'm surprised nobody has deleted all your origin ads.

I try not to throw them in until after their Dell order is canceled 

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

June 24th, 2020 19:00

I just keep hoping that OriginPC won't go down the same path as Alienware. Who is to say that there isn't a corporate plan to move assembly and support offshore once they have a steady churn of and continuously move down the stack from custom cooling to AIO to legendary design that takes 3 hours of on-the-job training to slap together?

EDIT: I mean, most of us here have heard of long before we got our hands on nano-case design. That's an from a different era.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 24th, 2020 19:00

@GTS81 

I think a small shop making custom builds would have a hard time  competing with bigger warehouse type sellers and the 'new' Dell   . . . such as it is.  But now they have the backing/partnership with Corsair, so it is possible they could maintain that 'custom niche'. Especially with my marketing assistance

At the same time, I recall the Corsair was unable to deliver on a $5 fan tray for a $500 case 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 24th, 2020 20:00

372 Posts

June 25th, 2020 05:00

o, as a customer it's bad on me to believe a salesman from a huge company? aww, he just lied, that's alright?

Mine was delayed today till Aug 5th.  I called my dell salesman and demanded he force China to open up all shipping traffic between the USA/Europe and Asia.  If he "personally" didn't make this happen now, I would call him a liar.

Do you think the Sales guy or gal runs down to production and forces them to make your PC when no parts are available to build it?  There are literally no CPU's of the i9 I ordered in stock anywhere.  No one lied to you.  Calm down and make a rational decision. 

Don't want the PC, cancel the order and move on.  

47 Posts

June 25th, 2020 14:00

I'd just like more transparency from Dell.  If certain parts in my order have a substantial back-order, perhaps I'd choose different parts to get it faster.  But taking the order and providing an estimated that that then passes by, only to generate another "expected" date, isn't really how to have satisfied customers.

I know there are more important things going on the world.  But don't give me an "expected" date that you  know isn't real on the day you provide it.  If I knew my order wasn't expected until late August, I might have opted to buy something from a local store instead.

Even when I ordered, I was willing to wait no more than 2 months.  Slightly lesser models have come and gone at Best Buy while I've been waiting.  If you know you're changing 7/13 to 8/13 today, don't wait until 7/13 to give me the new date.  Let me take my business elsewhere.

34 Posts

June 26th, 2020 16:00

Made one of those decisions today thanks to Dell. Checked my order status for my Aurora R11 (delayed until 7/21/2020) and then the ordering page of the Aurora R11 this morning and saw Dell was having a 10% off SALE! Called order support to see if they would give me the 10% savings since I had waited so long for my order to be delivered as it was (ordered on 5/15/2020), and they said no. Thanked them and hung up nicely, I might add, and then after thinking about it, cancelled my order online.

About 4 hours later went on the Dell site and ordered the following Aurora R11 configuration:

Alienware Aurora R11
Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply
2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900K (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)
Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1
64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit English

The total cost was $579 less than my previous order after doing some small upgrades. Going to have to wait until 8/5/2020 to get this PC now but Dell has managed to show me what "waiting" was all about and that I can keep my current Alienware Area 51 R4 just a little longer.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

June 26th, 2020 17:00

@jdsmock :

One of the best things I've read today. You rock! 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 26th, 2020 20:00

Got upgraded to the K with onboard too.  

No Events found!