Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2017 06:00

Contact Dell Global Tag Team - Transfer of Ownership

Hello,

I am trying to transfer ownership of my Dell Latitude E5450 laptop for 6 months now.
Filled in the form 5 times, all denied. One hour before Dell denied my last request, I received an e-mail from Global_Transfer_Kana@dell.com. They gave me 5 days to send (reply direcly to e-mail) proof I bought the motherboard with that Service Tag on eBay.

But when I replied with proof I got an auto message the mailbox is retired!! :emotion-8:
Replied one week ago and still no answer. I should get an reply within 5 working days.

I bought a motherboard for my E5450 on eBay. It has a Nvidia videocard, my old one did not.
The Service Tag was not removed. So I am trying to use the service Transfer of Ownership so the Service Tag is atleast registered to the correct country. It still has warranty and support service in Peru, but I do not mind when that ends.

All I want is to transfer the Service Tag from Peru to The Netherlands, so I get directed to Dutch Support when I go to Dell.com. Now the website is in Spanish...
Please help me out! Thank you.

Kind regards,
Winfred

3 Posts

December 9th, 2017 13:00

The support website is redirecting me to Peru, with Spanish language.

Only thing I want is that country will be changed to Netherlands.
I do not want the warranty, so do not care if I loose that.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2017 13:00

Replacing the mainboard yourself voids any warranty on the system - and system transfer isn't going to be possible here, since you've replaced the board with something other than what Dell shipped.  In other words, you're pretty much out of luck.  You can still access all necessary drivers, etc. from the support site -- but any technical help you need going forward will be considered at-cost and out of warranty.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2017 19:00

Simply clear your browser cache and go directly to the Dell site you want.  You do not need to use a service tag to access the downloads you want.

3 Posts

December 10th, 2017 02:00

I am trying to contact the Dell Global Tag Team for my Transfer of Ownership.
I do not need advise how to use the website.
So please do not interfere with this thread anymore. Thanks for your quick replies.

Dell Global Tag Team please contact me! Or someone else who can really help me with the Transfer of Ownership.

No Events found!