Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

February 20th, 2014 20:00

Coupon Does Not Work

Received a Dell flyer in the mail talking about the 5% off  "Friends and Family Event". Tried to enter the coupon code 9XJD62M450D225 a number of times and it did not work.
I didn't really need the Dell Venue 8 Pro but the 5% off enticed me. I am more disappointed in my wasted time than the 5%. I have spent thousands of $ with Dell. The chat didn't answer (too busy). I am closing my laptop and throwing the flyer away. Not happy.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2014 21:00

The Venue 8 is not among the options listed on this page.

9 Posts

February 21st, 2014 10:00

Interesting that the whole point of the flyer is to trumpet the "Friends and Family Event" and "reward yourself with 5% off select PCs and Electronics" (yes I know it says select) but wait it says "see page 2 for details". More chest thumping about the  Event and the 5% off AND full color on a number of items (same page 2). Looks pretty obvious that the 5% applies to what you see (did I tell you about the 'see page 2 for details'?). Hold it... what page am I on. OK I'm good it's page 2. (we won't talk about the words "Family and Friend Event" appearing on all the other pages of the 8 page flyer). So it appears that not everything shown in the flyer is included in the Event even though that is what is suggested or implied. No problem then just say so. Don't waste my time going online selecting item and adding accessories and find out that ...'oh we were just kidding that item is not included'. Obviously Dell's marketing people haven't figured out that this is the quickest way to annoy people and loose customers. I am an independent business person and have spent many thousands of $ on Dell and besides wasting of time and not completing this $400 order, I feel that I have been deceived.

398 Posts

February 21st, 2014 17:00

The coupon took 5% off the Venue 8 Pro with a 64 GB hard drive. It didn't work on the model with a 32 GB drive.

9 Posts

February 21st, 2014 18:00

or I'll check  out Samsung

9 Posts

February 21st, 2014 18:00

might try that... maybe when I cool off.

No Events found!