Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2017 07:00

Customer Care is the worst

I purchased an alienware alpha r2 on 4/17/2017, the money was charged to my card the following day. Dell has been holding my purchase in processing for the last few days. I've called 7 times, talked to 7 people, and gotten 3 varying resonponses: declined, on hold, approved. I've been routed to all imaginable departments. I've asked to talk to managers and been forwarded to the main menu automated call loop. I've asked to talk to customer care about conduct, forwarded to the main menu loop. I'm glad they record the calls, then do nothing with them. No accountability. I've been forwarded to purchasing to cancel my order and replace it, then told 'we can't cancel the order'. I figured I'd make some room in the budget for what seemed to be a good computer, but after this experience, I'll just build my own. 

2 Posts

May 16th, 2017 08:00

After multiple failed attempts with Dell to resolve the issue, I ended up getting my bank on the phone in a conference call and convinced Dell to release my order from its 'Pending' State. Turns out it was on Dell's card processing department for not releasing the charge. When attempting to expedite the shipping to 'Next Day Delivery' as was offered to me by Customer Care, Dell then denied this service, saying they would have to re-process the order for this to take place. After 5-10 business days of the order being approved, I received my computer! For anyone looking to buy an alien ware instead of building your own pc, I would say to continue to build your PCs. I only looked to buy the alienware because I was lazy and didn't want to deal with ordering the parts and building a machine, but after this process, that would have taken much less time, been cheaper, and I would have dealt with none of these types of problems. I appreciate the reply from Dell Customer Care, only a 30 day response time!

May 16th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board.

We apologize for the delay in our response and for all the inconvenience caused. This is not what we want our customer to go through.

I request you to share the order number, registered owner and email ID in private message (To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message). I will go ahead and look into this case for you. Generally, once the order gets completed, it crosses the cancellation stages. In this case, we advise our customer to accept the order and update us. We than go ahead and create a waybill for the return to be processed if the order cannot be canceled. I see that you are upset about the multiple transfers by different representatives. Please give us a chance to assist and set this right.

Let me know if you have received the order yet? I will go ahead and see what best can be done to take this to closure soon.

May 18th, 2017 10:00

Hi Shroeder,

Let me apologize for the delay in our response which was caused due to unforeseen issue. We understand what you have been through. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to relate their customer journey. Feedback still remains an important tool in evaluating our products and services. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or disappointment you may have been caused during the process. Dell strives to provide a pleasant purchase experience for all our valued customers and will take this as a feedback to make sure, this issue does not occur again.

Do feel free to private message us if you have any issues in future. We are here to help.

To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!