Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 28th, 2015 04:00

Dell Italy is down!

This is my message to Dell.....

I am writing to you today to try to get some help in getting a response from your Europe Division in Italy. I am not sure if they have all been hit with severe dementia or some sort of rampant disease which inhibits their ability to communicate, but there is something seriously wrong over here with Dell in Italy!

Let me tell you my Dell story! I received a brand new Alienware 15 (2015), for which I paid a substantial amount of money, nearly 3,000 euros. The laptop was delivered on the 27th February. On the 19th March it developed a fault which means that I am able to access only one of the internal hard drives (the smaller SSD drive still operates normally, the larger 1TB drive is not working).

My service tag is ****** in case you actually care enough about my problem with Dell to do something about it.

I contacted technical support and I spent 3 full days of my personal time following their directions and reinstalling the whole machine to factory reset twice, to no avail, the second internal drive is still not accessible even with only Windows installed with no other software. The fault is intermittent, sometimes when I turn the laptop on it will be there in Windows Explorer, other times it’s just vanished and I cannot see it, write to it or read from it.​

I also used up all my monthly bandwidth in the process which cost me another 25 euros and a lot of inconvenience as nobody in the house can use the internet properly now for the rest of the month. I also used up 3 full days of my time following instructions from Dell Technical Support, reinstalling Windows and Dell drivers and trying to repair the laptop.

So on the 23rd March I requested a replacement laptop as we were not able to resolve the problem and I had already wasted 3 full days of my life trying to fix something that should have been being fixed by your technical support engineers and not by me. Since then I have heard nothing, I have called customer services and technical support numerous times, I have emailed asking for information.

This is what is happening:

• I am passed from department to department
  • I am told there are technical problems with Dell’s systems and nobody can access the information
  • I am told that nobody can get in touch with each other with the Dell technical fault that seems to have shut down Dell Italy
  • I was told on Thursday that someone will find out and call me back the same day, only to be left waiting again now for 3 days for that person to call me back.

I would like to request that someone lets me know what is happening please.

These are my questions to you:

• Is my laptop going to be replaced?
  • When will this happen?
  • What is the procedure?
  • What is taking so long?
  • Is everyone at Dell Italy getting medical attention and support for their communication disease?
  • Isn’t it a great advert for Dell that they have technical problems with their own systems which means they can’t do anything?
  • Will I ever have a good word to say about Dell again?
  • Why did I believe that Dell had a great Guarantee and Service policy?
  • Why, oh why, did I buy from Dell?

Thank you for your time, it would be lovely to hear back from someone at Dell….anyone….that can help to resolve this problem!

Regards from a bewildered, frustrated customer in Italy,

:!: :oops: :!:

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 30th, 2015 15:00

Hi SardiniaYogi,

Thank  you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to relate their customer journey. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experience while trying to resolve your technical difficulties.

Please reply to my email and provide the requested information. I am US based, however, I am happy to forward your concerns to customer service representatives supporting Dell Italy.

Thanks,

Lorna

No Events found!