Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

September 19th, 2018 08:00

Dell Student Discount, false advertising

I recently purchased a Dell laptop under the student program. I received an email with a $100 coupon that is reads only valid for future purchases. I am now trying to use that discount to purchase something, and the website says that it has already been used. I haven't purchased anything and when I called customer service, they told me "that code is no longer valid because more than 25,000 people have used it already.". They also said there is nothing they can do about it. This should be considered false advertising as it says nothing about a 25,000 limit in fine print. After years of supporting Dell, I am fed up.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 19th, 2018 09:00

Take the 15" XPS 9570 with 32G/1T SSD/4K screen at $2400. Configure the same Macbook 15" with the same amount of RAM, drive space and Retina display.  It's $3,300 after "education" discount.

So, the Apple is nearly 40% more expensive for the same hardware -- and the education discount is well under 10%.  

If you want a Mac, buy one.  If you want a Dell, buy one.  But realize that no matter what discount you obtain, the Mac tax will ALWAYS make the equivalent Apple hardware take a much larger bite out of your wallet.

No Events found!