Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2016 23:00

Dell credit card authorization issue

I ordered three items from Dell. They sent me emails for two of the orders telling me the credit card company didn't authorize two of the payments and to contact the bank. The bank says they authorized all three of the payments and it's Dell issue.  The most expensive item was the one that Dell put through.  I had this issue once before where Dell cancelled an order saying the credit card company didn't authorize the payment but when I contacted the credit card company they confirmed it was authorized.  In that case I spent over 3 hours on the phone talking to 4 different people before just giving up on the order.  I've never had this problem with any merchant thinking the transaction wasn't authrized when the bank says it was. I've bought thousands of dollars of items from Dell and until this year, I never had this issue. So frustrating...  Has anyone else had this issue?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 26th, 2016 11:00

Hi hc_chow,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for your ordering issues, sometimes credit verification issues can happen if things like the address on the card does not match the address on the order and on the ship to address.  All three must be verified together.  Additionally if multiple orders placed on the same day using the same are presented, your credit card company may not authorize the payment. 

You can contact the Credit Card Verification Department by chat to verify your information, and resolve any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

120 Posts

January 22nd, 2018 07:00

I know we're more than 2 years since the original post, but ever since I switched to Chase everytime I place an order with Dell, they have trouble processing my payment.

Is there some issue with Dell and Chase bank?

1 Message

June 6th, 2018 18:00

I have exactly the same problem with chase card. Bank approved the transaction, Dell - didn`t

June 8th, 2018 15:00

me,too. I spent three hours talking to chase and dell and ended up with cancelling the order. so frustrated, I don't know why this happened so many times and dell didn't take this seriously. so disappointed

1 Message

July 12th, 2018 12:00

had the same issue -> but only with my chrome browser. So try a different browser (i took firefox)

hope this helps

No Events found!