Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 7th, 2014 18:00

Dell preferred account and order on hold for weeks now

Recently I placed a order for a computer and tablet. Then applied for the dell preferred account was approved and placed my order. Shortly I received a email for order conformation along with my purchase i.d. . Later I checked to see if it shipped. Instead I found the order was on hold. The email said to call dell financial services  and speak with customer support. I contacted them and got no answer or any help. Either they hung up or was rude. After many calls to support I was told they account is on hold waiting for verification of my identity. Called multiple times also emailed support many times. Weeks later and nothing from dell. So the order automatically cancels. It then shows my preferred account is blocked. I called back to support who is still saying verification issues. I've tried to inform support  the phone number on the account is no longer valid it  needed updated and also they had a address from years ago. I wasn't allowed to change any of the information only told I had to wait until they contacted me. How are you to contact me if your information is wrong. This has been 2 months ago maybe a little longer . So 2 days ago I tried again placing a order for computer and tablet the same exact problem has happend. It's ridiculous i'm ready to cancel and close my dell preferred account and dell account all together ! VERY DISAPPOINTED IN DELL!

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

May 8th, 2014 15:00

mso8290

Use this form to contact Dell about this issue.

It will also escalate this problem and hopefully get it resolved.  Give Dell a few days to respond.

Z........

3 Posts

May 12th, 2014 17:00

i used the form. still no help. once again they cancelled my order!

4 Posts

January 26th, 2017 19:00

my account and order is also on hold emailed and called many times and no one can help me 

February 10th, 2017 16:00

Yeah been there! lost out on a sale price because of the long wait to have my identity verified.  Of course, there wasn't a sales rep who would honor the sale price after it was over and customer care was pretty much useless.  Their job seems to be transferring me to any other department.  The best way to send a message to Dell is to just stop buying from them.  when their sales drop due to loss of customers maybe they'll reexamine their relationship with their customers and start treating them with the respect that their loyal customers deserve.

No Events found!