Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2015 11:00

Extended Hardware Warranty Scam

When I purchased my Dell Inspiron 7720 directly from Dell two years, I was sold an Extended Hardware Warranty, based on statements made by the Dell representative. He told me that the extended hardware warranty comes with in-home service and if they can not fix my laptop within 3 business days, they would send me a replacement. My decision to buy was based on what I discovered today was a fraudulent statement by the Dell representative. I have asked to speak with a Dell Representative who has the authority to rectify the situation. Dell has failed to respond. Based on my experience, do not trust anything a Dell representative says.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 1st, 2015 11:00

I do not see the Inspiron 7720 on the sales site so I cannot verify what warranty offerings might have been listed. But if we look at a currently sold laptop, the warranty offerings are =
* 90 Days Premium Phone Support + 1 Year In-Home Service after remote diagnosis
* 1-4 year Extended Support
- In-Home service in about 1-2 business days after remote diagnosis
- Premium Phone Support
* 1-4 year Accidental Damage Service for Liquid spills/Drops, falls, or other collisions/Electrical surges/Damaged or broken LCD due to a drop or fall

Notice the offerings do not state anything about when a system exchange may be approved. So this statement was incorrect by the sales representative, "and if they can not fix my laptop within 3 business days, they would send me a replacement.".

Dell must do a minimum of three onsite or depot repairs BEFORE a used system exchange is approved. This has been the standard since I have been at Dell. So you must contact normal Dell Technical Support channels and allow us to troubleshoot. Once we have verified a possible faulty hardware component, service will then be setup to replace the hardware component.

No Events found!