Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

July 14th, 2018 02:00

Fraudelant purchase via my dell account

In july 10, someone made an order via my dell account for a laptop worthing about 1800 dollars, using a credit card that isnt mine. The order shipped to an address different than my own, but under my name. At the same time,  my email was being auto subscribed to various website newsletters in an effort to conceal the dell order emails. 

I emailed dell support, and told them this os fraud. The support rep didnt same to care, and told me the item is shipped and i should call order verification. I do not have time to call dells order verification deparrment for something i did not order! 

Dell, you are about to be charged back 1800 dollars! How can i help you catch the perpetrators ? Also, some of your representatives need to take complaints of this type seriously and not ask the customer to do more work to save their employers assets!

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

July 14th, 2018 04:00

Immediately call the fraud support group for your credit card - have the account closed and a new card issued.  Let them handle the rest.

2 Posts

July 14th, 2018 09:00

I would , but the hacker used my dell account but not my credit card.  He must have used an other victim's card. But then he used my name as receiver of thr shipment which he shipped to an address other than mine.

1 Message

March 14th, 2019 05:00

I have a very similar issue right now.  Someone ordered an expensive item on my Dell account (it shows on my order status as a pending order) but the payment info the perpetrator gave must have been bad.  The pending order shows a Dell Purchase ID but Order Number is "not yet assigned".  I got a call from Dell saying I needed to contact my credit card company and fix the problem so they could process the order.   I have no credit card stored on the Dell account so the perpetrator must be using another's credit card.  Dell should investigate and take action against the perpetrator in this fraud, or at least give me the perpetrator's delivery address so the police can take some action.  Two contacts at Dell Customer Service sent me to the verification department, who told me they have no record of the order until an order number is assigned.  I asked the verification department who in Dell could help me sort out a fraudulent order like this, and they had no answer.  

11 Posts

March 21st, 2019 19:00

You need to file a claim for that to be investigated. Also file a police report in your local jurisdiction. File here: https://fact.dfs.us.dell.com/s/fact

No Events found!