Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2020 20:00

Help, how to complain to Dell corporate?

Problem with brand new Alienware Aurora R11

I’m writing this on behalf of my dad o his English is not his first language . He bought an Alienware computer 3 months ago. 2 weeks later it died. My dad called Dell they send a technician to fix according to them the “power supply”.  After the technician leaves and changes the part the computers stops working again. Doesn’t do anything at all. And even before calling Dell (the first time)my dad look up a few ways to fix it on Google but no luck.

Now I call Dell because my dad is getting frustrated (I called multiple times, 3 or 4 total)

My 1st time calling I explained the situation to an agent. He tells me they’re going to send a me a box to ship the computer to their main warehouse in Texas. At this point my dad felt the problem was more than the supper supply. Waited and waited a week they kept pushing back the date to send the the box and in the end never came.

2nd time calling I’m very angry spoke to an agent. Agent tells me they’re having problems in the warehouse they cannot ship the box whatever. I feel like he gave me a made up story.

3rd time I requested to speak to a manager. At this point I wanted a solution for a $1,900 computer that has not been use since purchased. I spoke to a Supervisor (Daniel) in the Alienware department. I told him no more technician please don’t send someone. It was useless at this point. He tells me he’s going to follow up with me in a few days and gave me a few options. Either way for the problem to be “resolve” in the warehouse, he will check if he can replace the computer for another. And I think also to give me a credit (but I asked for that). I told him “do you have a number where I can call you directly” he said “no but you can call me and ask for me”. But regardless he was going to follow up via email. Also, I don’t believe when people say they’ll follow up with you. And in fact he didn’t follow up. A week later my dad received an email saying he has an appointment for a technician which I was surprised after speaking to the supervisor that I didn’t want anymore people coming to my house.

The technician came his name is Juan. Very nice person he tried to do the best he could. But he did in fact confirm our suspicions the problem was not the power supply. It was another part of the computer the modem or the CPU.

He went through a lot of trouble talking to Dell over the phone because they didn’t want to place the order for the 2 parts. This was a week ago. They keep pushing the appointment for the new parts and still as of  11/23/2020 the computer is not working.

Bought on 8/9/2020.

After you buy one of their products of course they already earned the money now they don’t want to be responsible for any problems. It tells a lot about a company when they run into trouble with a customer and don’t know how to deal with it or don’t want to.

My dad was really looking forward to using his gaming computer but not anymore this is just a big disappointment. And he still owes a lot of money that’s the sad part.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 24th, 2020 07:00

Phone Number:Contact Dell headquarters by phone at 1-512-338-4400.

501 Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78664

Email Business

Round Rock TexasRound Rock Texas

2 Posts

November 24th, 2020 09:00

Thank you!

I made a request to “Unresolved Customer Service Issues”

because technical support has not been able to help us.

No Events found!