Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AU

1 Message

March 11th, 2020 12:00

How can I speak with corporate?

Late March 2018 I purchased a custom built Alienware 15 R3. I chose this one because i thought it would last 8 or more years no problem without giving me issues. I've barely used it, maybe 30 running hours as I mainly only used it for college. When i got out of college i stopped using it but yesterday i got on to write a paper for nursing school acceptance and it completely shut off on me. Im pretty tech savy so i did some trouble shooting. All symptoms show that there is a short circuit of some sort from the power adapter, motherboard or battery. This laptop is practically still brand new. I spent 2400 dollars on this laptop and i continue to contact dells costomer service and tech services. They do nothing but transfer me to all these different departments. Since i did not purchase the extended warranty, they pretty much are acting like they cant do anything about it. Ive been trying to get help from them for two days now and the customer service is lost they can't get me to somebody that can help.  Ive been using dell 20+ years and this is how they treat long time-paying customers. This laptop from the beginning was a defective machine and i want dell as a corporation to make this right. I want to speak with the part of management that can make this right because this is poor service. 

9 Posts

March 13th, 2020 08:00

Open a BBB complaint against Dell and they'll call you PDQ. Escalate through that path and you'll get to someone that can/will help, this community help stuff is all about platitudes and front line resources looking up an internal status.

5 Posts

March 13th, 2020 13:00

You can't.  Per the purchase agreement you have to go thru Dell support for everything.  If you email any of the Dell exe's they will simply forward it on to their team and you will get the same exact support.

Read your purchase agreement, Dell is operating within the law.  

The BBB will not honor your complaint because Dell will respond with the above.  So long as Dell is trying to make it right by fixing your laptop while under warranty they are within the law.

Good luck!  My laptop was 5 months old when it entered Dells warranty.  I finally got it back a few days ago after 5 consecutive mail ins and 76 days.

Note that the 3rd party warranty repair service depots operate for high volume and as fast as humanly possible.  It's very likely that they won't fix the issue the first attempt and you will also get free scratches and dents.  which they'll fix but you have to send it in again.

No Events found!