Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2016 18:00

How's this for a lack of support!

So here's my sequence of events for my Dell 34" monitor that arrived DAMAGED:

1. 1/12/16: Ordered from Dell

2. 1/18/16: Package arrives DAMAGED, I immediately contact DellCares via twitter, and provide them with all information and photos.

3. 1/18/16 response from DellCares "if it's working flawlessly as per design then you wouldn't need to worry about it."  Monitor cannot be turned on, as it's cracked and that would be a hazard.

4. 1/19/16: Initiate a chat with Dell, and the response I get is "I have sent a request to our concern team to get back, Is there anything else I may help you with today?"

4. 2/3/16: NO FURTHER RESPONSE, so I reach out to DellCares again. Response I get is "Thank you for the details, we're looking into it."

4. 2/17/16: NO FURTHER RESPONSE, so I call Dell.

First call: On hold at minute 10, dead air by minute 30, so I hang up

2nd call: Agent tells me that he can only issue me a refund.  Then we get DISCONNECTED!

I'm losing my mind here. I have been a long time user of Dell products personally, and support an enterprise that uses Dell equipment.  

If this is a sign of the support quality Dell customers can expect, then they should be aware of what they're getting themselves into. This is ridiculous.

47 Posts

February 18th, 2016 10:00

Do you know what's ridiculous?  Not being able to get a replacement motherboard for a system that is 3 years old.   Having that system for 3 years and not getting one scam call!  Shortly after working with Dell technical support only to realize I can't get the part I need some scammer calls me with MY PERSONAL information!  And sure...I can Google search Dell scammers all I want and find information from Dell. How about being proactive Dell?  Who the heck researches something like Dell scammers until it happens to you in advance?

2 Posts

February 19th, 2016 09:00

Do you know what bugs me even more?  I still don't get the courtesy of a response.

Our local news station has one of those consumer reporters that highlights issues with companies.  I've provided them with my experience. Hopefully this helps my cause.

No Events found!