Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2020 10:00

I received a scam email

I recently received an email from care@dellsupport-us.co

I looked up the domain and it is clearly a scam (the registered email is a gmail account).

Just wanted to report it, but didn't see a form to submit for email scams, just phone.

I copied the body of the email below.

Dell Annual Maintenance Charges for USD 299.99

Dell Support Renewal Notice

Date: 03/12/2020

Dear Customer,

This is an automated renewal notice for your Dell annual maintenance service charge billed annually.

We would thank you on the completion of the 12 month maintenance plan.

Since your plan expired on Mar 12, we have auto renewed your plan and charged USD 299.99 against your account.

We understand that you are busy hence could not get through to you when we tried to contact you.

Dell Support renewal

Grand Total:  USD 299.99

Order ID: DSSAR99778A

Should you have any questions or if you would like to cancel this subscription, please contact our billing department at: +1-800-220-1041

By subscribing you authorize us to charge the subscription amount of USD 299.99 charged automatically, that will be billed annually.             

© 2020 Dell

24/7 customer service +1-800-220-1041

Please talk to our customer support representative at + -1-800-220-1041 so as to cancel or renew any service / contract.

Any email cancellations will not be entertained as per the signed agreement

Preference Management

If you wish to update or remove your email or other contact preferences for Marketing

Communications that Dell sends you, please notify us.

3 Posts

April 30th, 2020 09:00

I just rec'd this email today:

Support Info

care@dellsupport-us.co is not a valid Dell email address. Do not reply to it. Set up a rule in your email to block it.
DELL-Cares

Thu 4/30/2020 10:57 AM

Dell Annual Maintenance Charges for USD 299.99

Dell Support Renewal Notice

Date: 04/30/2020

Dear Customer,

This is an automated renewal notice for your Dell annual maintenance service charge billed annually.

We would thank you on the completion of the 12 month maintenance plan.

Since your plan expired on April 30, we have auto renewed your plan and charged USD 299.99 against your account.

We understand that you are busy hence could not get through to you when we tried to contact you.

Dell Support renewal

Grand Total:  USD 299.99

Order ID: DESAR32448A

Should you have any questions or if you would like to cancel this subscription, please contact our billing department at: +1-855-945-3136

By subscribing you authorize us to charge the subscription amount of USD 299.99 charged automatically, that will be billed annually.             

LCMinn_0-1588264539682.jpeg

© 2020 Dell

24/7 customer service +1-855-945-3136                                                           

Please talk to our customer support representative at + -1-855-945-3136 so as to cancel or renew any service / contract.

Any email cancellations will not be entertained as per the signed agreement

Preference Management

If you wish to update or remove your email or other contact preferences for Marketing

Communications that Dell sends you, please notify us.

March 19th, 2020 04:00

I have recently become aware that the customer support 3rd party companies Dell utilizes are sharing purchase information from customers with fraudulent 4th parties in these foreign countries where there is little to no regulation or legal recourse for Dell to do anything about it.  

2 Posts

March 19th, 2020 12:00

And if you call the number for support the person wants to access your computer remotely.  When I told the person I didn't even have a Dell computer and why am I getting this information, his response was that this is from Dell/Microsoft. I said but Dell and Microsoft are 2 different companyies.  He then began to yell profanities at me.  I then yelled back and hung up the phone. Be careful.

March 19th, 2020 20:00

No wonder I had received a call from a guy who said he was with Dell. And that he detected that my Dell desktop has gotten infected and wanted to remote into my desktop to fix it. I didn't buy it as my desktop wasn't Dell. 

No Events found!