Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2017 12:00

International Ownership Transfer issue

Hello!

I recently bought an Alienware desktop from Germany. But since I live in India I applied for international warranty/ownership transfer. As per the conditions mentioned, it was told that at max 15 business days will be required for the warranty transfer.

But a month has passed already, and there is neither an acknowledgment nor reply regarding the status of warranty transfer. I understand it will take time but at least hoping for some form of acknowledgment so that I will know the status.

Please guide me, so that I'll be able to know the status of the warranty transfer of my Alienware system.

Regards.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 29th, 2017 15:00

You'll need to call Dell to find out why the transfer hasn't gone through.

Common causes:  not being the registered owner (third party purchase), system not sold in your location, or not having upgraded to an onsite warranty (the basic return to depot warranty doesn't transfer).

3 Posts

September 30th, 2017 01:00

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'll definitely call them directly. Thing is, there are no apparent causes which might deny the transfer. I had registered the system myself the first time it was turned on. About the availability of system at my place, the exact sane model (aurora r6) was made available in my country just after I bought the system in Germany (surprising coincidence!).

And about the warranty, it came with premium onsite and all plus I also added accidental damage protection too.

And their international warranty support was the major reason I bought such an expensive system.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 30th, 2017 02:00

Thank you for your message.  We will be glad to assist you on this.

Please complete the ownership transfer process from this link http://dell.to/2hHlC4d  once again & share a screenshot of the transfer completion.

Click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 11:00

The requested info has been sent to you via private message (kindly inform me if not received).

Looking forward to your helpful assistance Sreejith.

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 4th, 2017 06:00

I have received the details & I have responded to the same. 

Please share the screenshot requested, we will have the transfer expedited.

No Events found!