Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2014 14:00

Issue with Dell Replacement

Hi everyone, I have a very serious question about the replacement of my laptop. I purchased the Inspiron 15 7000 series with the 256gb of SSD back in January and it arrived in the 20's of February. However, the laptop has already blue screened twice and has overheating issues even on something like Youtube. It did not do this the first few days I had it, but started doing so a few days later. So I talked to Dell tech support and customer care and they said they would replace it, but they will replace it with the model on the website that has 1TB of SSHD, which is significantly worse. The one they want to send also happens to be 150 dollars cheaper than what mine was worth most likely because of the hard drive difference, but they refuse to make up for the price difference. What can I do here? This is obviously very bad for their customer service as they sent a defective laptop and are refusing to properly replace it with the one I had, as well as not pay the money they should owe. Please someone help me.

8.8K Posts

March 9th, 2014 15:00

JaeSeol

Contact Dell  using this form here.

Z..........

5 Posts

March 9th, 2014 22:00

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible answer. It shows that you didn't read my question at all. I had already spoken to customer service and tech support, and all you did was send a link that was an option to speak to one of them.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 10th, 2014 09:00

zbestwun2001 is not a Dell employee so he gave you the best advice he could, which was to contact Dell management directly using the "Unresolved Issues" form. Which I agree is the best avenue for you. They are the only ones who could review the system exchange policy.

5 Posts

March 10th, 2014 10:00

I apologize for my outburst. I am just very stressed out about this whole situation, please forgive me.

8.8K Posts

March 10th, 2014 12:00

JaeSeol

I'm working for YOU.    If you don't want me to help you I won't!

I don't take being talked down to very well with the experience I have.

So you need to decide now if you want my help or not, I really don't care but am will to help if you can be civil.

I will not stand for being disrespected, I do have limits and boundaries!

Z.....................

8.8K Posts

March 10th, 2014 13:00

OK, let me know what they say?

Z...............

5 Posts

March 10th, 2014 13:00

Yes I did apologize, and help is appreciated. I just sent in the request so we'll see what happens.

5 Posts

March 13th, 2014 23:00

It seems they do not want to reply to me.

8.8K Posts

March 14th, 2014 12:00

It seems they do not want to reply to me.

Send it again....

Z.................

No Events found!