Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2013 22:00

Language Barrier

Dell,

I am going to write a letter to the executive team about my experience and that I am sure I am not the only one this has happened too.  Some history....2007,  I purchased an XPS...wonderful...all went well.  Decided to purchase extended complete care warranty ...no problems.  That was my 3rd computer purchase with Dell as I brag about their warranty program.  Now comes the clincher....decided to go for my fourth computer..another laptop with complete care warranty.  I called last March of 2012 for another 2 years of complete care warranty and purchased it.  Tonight..I called Dell for a repair and they said I did not have complete care.  I hear a lot of complaints about Dell's out of the country hired tech's.  I now understand why Americans are fed up with trying to fix, order and get results when there is such a language barrier that even a simple order like mine got messed up.  I have a track record of only ordering complete care coverage extension when I extend my warranties....and it is well documented within Dell.  This is why I buy Dell and ONLY Dell because of their warranty.  Now some Dell employee who could not understand English sold me a sub-standard warranty that was not what I ordered.  This is why it is VERY important to have English speaking people who UNDERSTAND English.  I will never buy a Dell again.  I totally understand Americans now who will only buy a product if they can get a person on the phone that can understand them.  I am very upset over this and feel that Dell has cheated me.  Cheated me because you did not provide me with an adequate and competent sales person when I tried to order my product last March.  In the process of trying to find out why my repair to my computer was turned down...I was transferred three times and two techs hung up on me after putting me on hold for over 30 minutes.  I was tied up over 3.5 hours trying to find out why they said I did not have coverage.  This is wrong wrong wrong.  This is not how you treat customers and expect them to continue to purchase your products.  If someone has the courage to contact me and do an investigation...I want them to pull the call where I ordered my complete care warranty two year extension in March of 2012 and hear the call since they are all recorded.  You will find that your salesperson from another country did not sell me what I asked for and now I have a broken computer with a sub-standard warranty and cannot get a thing done.  You have my money and I have NADA.  A faxed letter will follow this to Corporate so maybe Dell can solve the problem of an unqualified staff of sales persons, techs and supervisors who are unable to provide the service we pay for and maybe future Dell customers will not endure what a lot of us have.  My XPS and Inspiron  will be the last Dell product I buy...we deserve better than this.

8.8K Posts

March 12th, 2013 11:00

.I want them to pull the call where I ordered my complete care warranty two year extension in March of 2012 and hear the call since they are all recorded.  You will find that your salesperson from another country did not sell me what I asked for and now I have a broken computer with a sub-standard warranty and cannot get a thing done.  

suzy000,

Sorry for this confusion and I do understand what you are talking about. Since all calls are recorded this call can be pulled up and listened to as you refereed to. 

Here are some instructions:

* Contact one of our Customer Care/Order Support Liaisons via a Private message. Please only message ONE of them -

DELL-Ravi C http://dell.to/T0XQim
DELL-Roshan L http://dell.to/Wmvhf2
DELL-Kiran K http://dell.to/WqVwOR
DELL-Lorna M http://dell.to/PWMBSV

* Once you have clicked on one of the links, click Start conversation or Send Email. They will need the following information to investigate -

• Email Address:
  • Name:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Phone Number:
  • Dell Order number or Service Tag number:
  • Issues:
I hope this info I have supplied you will help you get this problem corrected.
Zb1

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi Suzy000,

Thank you for contacting us and bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate anyone who will take the time to relate their customer journey. Customer feedback is important to help us evaluate our products and services.

Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns. I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.

Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue and selecting the email icon or Start a Conversation, and provide the following information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

3 Posts

March 17th, 2013 09:00

I was already upset over the Dell mishap of a week or so ago but then they really topped it off yesterday. (Mar. 16, 2013)  I was upset that Dell sold me the wrong warranty and refused to make it right.  I have NO DOUBT it was a language barrier problem.  Dell needs to either use personnel whose primary language is English for English speaking customers or that they have excellent English.  I have been doing business with Dell over  20 years.  I keep returning to Dell because they have the best warranty care..."Complete Care Warranty".  As you guessed it...a  terrible English speaking person sold me my warranty and unknowingly at a later date upon using it....you guessed right again....it was not the extended coverage I had been carrying for my equipment since forever.   I usually do not have a problem with accents but I have noticed in the last few years, the personnel can barely speak audible English.  Well...last week I wrote about my messed up warranty experience on the Dell site and planned to follow up with faxed letters to Corporate.  Well...Dell outdid themselves....yesterday I retrieved a message from a Dell tech... I guess wanting to tackle my Dell induced dilemma.  The only problem with that was that his ACCENT was so BAD I couldn't understand the phone number he left!!  I called Dell and they said they saw where someone had noted they called me but could not tell me why or the person's contact info.  Unbelievable.  Now I TOTALLY understand what people have been saying for years about the tech help.  It is not that they aren't smart enough...many are quite capable...it is that they cannot communicate to Americans properly enough to furnish the support we are promised by Dell.  This is where Dell has let down their customer base and I for one will NEVER buy another Dell product again.  Oh...btw:  These Dell techs are getting smarter...they will hang up on you or leave you on the line for over 30 minutes or so until you hang up with frustration.  Oh...did I fail to mention I was experiencing that too?  Hang-ups and techs ignoring the customer...it should all be in the notes they keep on us....they can be assured I have it all in mine.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi Suzy000,

I am following up on your comments regarding the complete care warranty. I trust you were able to resolve your concerns through a different forum since we did not hear back from you either publicly or privately. Should you still need assistance, please feel free to contact us again and provide the requested information.

Thank you,

Lorna

8.8K Posts

March 18th, 2013 14:00

Suzy000,

I responded to your post last week  with some instructions.  Did you follow up on what I suggested?

Zb1

4 Posts

June 9th, 2021 10:00

I couldn’t agree with you more, it’s so frustrating and upsetting

No Events found!