Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2019 10:00

Missing Refund

I ordered a new Dell laptop in November 2018.  I returned the laptop to Dell unopened in December 2018.  I phoned Dell Customer Care on December 26, 2018 and requested an update when I would receive my refund.  I was told that Dell had successfully received the laptop on December 18, 2018 and that I should allow up to 10 business days for my refund to arrive.  I received an email from the Customer Care rep confirming what was discussed.

On January 9, 2019 I again phoned Dell Customer Care and requested a status.  I was told there was a problem with Dell Finance and that I would receive an update in 2-3 business days.  I received an email confirming what was discussed.  I received no further information or updates.

On January 15, 2019 I again called Dell Customer Care and was told the rep would check into the issue and I would receive an update in 2-3 business days.  I received an email confirming what was discussed.  I received no further information or updates.

On January 18, 2019 I sent Dell Customer Care an email requesting an update.  I've received no response.

Dell Customer Care appears to be a black hole.  Requests go in and nothing comes out in spite of promises and commitments.  I'm hoping there is some way to kick start the refund process!

7 Posts

February 15th, 2019 06:00

I have just received my missing refund.  It's taken almost two months since Dell confirmed receipt of the laptop I sent back on December 18, 2018.  Definitely not the 10 business days I was quoted.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 24th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your refund. I would like to investigate this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

7 Posts

February 8th, 2019 08:00

It appears that either Dell is completely incompetent or they're purposely holding back refunds.  I don't believe they're incompetent.

On January 15th I received an email from Dell Customer Care assuring me they were working on my refund problem and I'd have an update within 2-3 business days.  On January 19th, after having heard nothing again, I sent the rep an email asking for a status.  On January 30th he responded stating that Dell Finance were experiencing a technical problem and their IT group were working on it.

In the meantime, on January 24th I received a response to my lack of refund from this site's moderator who requested I send him a private message with my issue specifics.  I responded immediately but have heard nothing in return.  I sent him a second private email and again have heard nothing.

Dell provides IT Professional Service solutions for companies around the world.  I simply don't believe the nonsense that their Finance department has a problem that's gone unresolved for nearly two months.

7 Posts

February 12th, 2019 04:00

On Monday, February 11th I received an email from Dell Customer Service stating that I will receive my missing refund in 8 business days.  If I actually receive the refund it will be over two months since Dell confirmed that they had received the laptop I returned in an unopened carton.

I've purchased Dell products both for personal and business use over many years.  I have never experienced this kind of treatment.  This isn't the Dell that I'm used to dealing with.

7 Posts

February 12th, 2019 07:00

Dealing with Dell has been one of the most disappointing and frustrating experiences I've had for a very long time.

I previously sent you two private messages and just sent a third to you a few minutes ago after copying and pasting the previous two messages into it.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 12th, 2019 07:00

@Gerry1119 I can confirm that I haven’t received any private messages from you. Without the order details, I will not be able to get information on the order.

Please share the details requested on a private message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

No Events found!