Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 2nd, 2016 07:00

Missing Service Tag

Hi,

Firstly sorry for my english. Yesterday I bought old Dell OptiPlex GX270 (Second-Hand webside). While I was playing with it, I recognize that computer is missing Service Tag. On case were only Windows XP Product Key sticker, Intel Pentium 4 sticker and EnergyStar. Then I tried to find it in BIOS. BIOS was from 2007 and there was no Service Tag. Lastly I tried find it on HDD, but the drive was changed. I don't know if the computer was without Service Tag from factory or previous owner needed it that mutch, that he removed it. Interesting is that the board is from 2003 but sticker on BIOS chip is from 2007. The CD-ROM was replaced with HP DVD-ROM drive and HDD with Seagate 40GB manufactured for IBM. Everything that I have is serial numbers of the parts of computer. Motherboard is revision A00 and the BIOS is C4627, revision A07.

Thank for every kind of help!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 13:00

Hi mafu1212, 

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the Dell Community Form Customer Care Board. Unfortunately, I am not technically inclined and not a good resource for your service tag inquiry. 

I was able to speak with a corporate technician on your behalf. He states that because the service tag is no longer attached to the system and is not found in the Bios, the system is not able to be identified. 

Regards,
Lorna

No Events found!