Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2014 18:00

My Order Cancelled Then Delivered?

So I had previously ordered an Alienware x51 from Dell. In the following days I received 2 messages saying my order was delayed and would get cancelled if I didn't contact Dell within one business day. I do not check my email often so I saw the message almost a week after they were sent. So since as far as I understand my Dell ordered was cancelled, I decided to buy the computer from a local Walmart instead. I couldn't wait another half month without a computer for my order to be processed, built, and shipped. Today, I received another email from Dell saying my order has been shipped? Was the order not cancelled by Dell previously? I don't need two desktops. Do I refuse the shipment or do I accept it and go through the return process? Will I be refunded in full if I returned the system?   

Edit: After 30 mins on phone with customer service. The solution is that I will have to accept the package and then wait for FedEx to come back and pick up the package. I should be refunded fully since this was a mess up on Dell's part. I'll try to keep updating this as reference for anyone with a similar issue.   

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 12th, 2014 10:00

Hi violetkn,

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care board. I appreciate the opportunity to address your System Return inquiry.

Please note that for the fastest order credit, you must have a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) issued by Dell. If an order is refused, the carrier has no obligation to return the system in a timely manner. Many times, the system is held at a hub awaiting other items that are being shipped back to Dell before all the items are finally sent.

It is very important to make sure and write the “CRA #” on the return packaging.  When the item is received at Dell, this is the number our staff will require to properly post the credit to the correct account.  They then add notes under this return number as to whether all items were received.  Once all authorized return items are marked received in our database, then the credit process begins.

If you don’t want to wait for the carrier to come to your home or office to pick the system up, we can send a return label to your email address. You may then take the system to the local carrier’s facility to drop it off at your convenience, within 5 business days.

Should you still need assistance, please contact me privately. Click my Dell-username in blue. On the right, click "Send Email". Provide the following information =

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason for contact:

Thanks,
Lorna

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

June 11th, 2014 19:00

Hello!  You can also refuse the order and when they get it back at Dell they will credit your account the amount paid.  OR you can accept the order and return the computer back to Walmart as long as it is within the 14 days.  If you accept the order you MAY have issues trying to return it.  They MAY try and entice you to keep it etc.  The easiest way to return it is to refuse it.

2 Posts

June 11th, 2014 20:00

I actually got a better deal on my Alienware from Walmart then the one I ordered from dell. As of current I am going to follow Dell's recommended procedures of accepting then returning the product (my return shipping will be payed for by Dell apparently). Like I said I will be updating this post, so if I start having problems returning my computer I'll definitely post an update.

1 Message

November 25th, 2018 23:00

Order Cancel extension is used for customer reliable to manage order like if a customer does not want the product after place order they can quickly cancel the order by click on “cancel order” link in customer account page.Order cancel link including along with recent order as well as in order tab in a customer account, also the layout of design is simple to understand to the customer.

No Events found!