Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

O

April 3rd, 2018 08:00

Online Purchase Nightmare

I am a Mac guy.  however, a IT friend of mine convinced me to buy a DELL.  So I stuck my neck out and ordered one online.  Lets just say it has been a complete nightmare and now I know why I love Apple so much.  Dell had messed up my shipping and billing address the first time and canceled my order without telling me.  I found out by calling in and checking my status.  Then the second time around the canceled my order due to "Logistic" reason (That means nothing to me).  They fixed it AGAIN.  Then I had to place the order for a 3rd time and they still haven't shipped the laptop.  When you call the customer support number, you will always get someone from India reading off a script.  It doesn't matter how many different ways you ask a question, they read a very VERY gray answer off a scripted card.  Its extremely frustrating. They are fast to take your money and not ship out your product.  I'm debating over just canceling the order and going back to Apple.  Apple never has these problems.  When you call them, you get someone who speaks English CLEARLY and understands your questions.  They constantly say they escalate the issue to a customer care rep, but you know that is , because they say it every single time you call.  They just use terms and phrases to get you off the phone.  Worst customer Support ever.  Would hate to see what happens if I had to call them with a tech issue or problem with if I even get the laptop.  

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 6th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message.

I understand that your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority. I will look into this on priority.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

1 Message

June 11th, 2019 17:00

My online attempt to purchase a dell inspiron has also been nothing short of TERRIBLE! After finally being able to submit my order to the "cart" I received my order purchase id. Filled out method of payment stuff and thought my computer was on the way. No such luck. I got an email from a Vishal saying saying something like order is on hold because payment could not be "processed" . How can that be? But whatever, emailed "V" back said call me and gave cell number ,no call back. So 2 days I call number18004563355 automated system says "no such order" blan, blah. So finally get operator , cannot understand what she is saying, please repeat slowly, she can't do that. Noise in background. She is going to connect me to payment processing dept. I'm on hold for 10 minutes, still no answer. I go to online chat for help, and I'm chatting to myself, no one answers. How can you do business like this? As of this moment my order is still not being processed, no one answers email or messages. I refuse to go to Best Buy and buy a computer, and it certainly will not be a dell if this is any indication of the support you get!   Kiel4

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 12th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order. I will be glad to investigate this & assist you further.

Seems like your account is not verified & thus the order is going to hold status. If the account is not verified any orders placed will be canceled until the account verification is completed.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the purchase ID/ order number, registered name & email address.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2020 08:00

SAME HERE

I ordered a laptop direct from Dell.  Was supposed to ship out last week, and be here on Monday.  Today is Friday, and FedEx shipping says they haven't even received the package from Dell yet...  so a delivery date is 'pending' upon when they get the package from Dell.  If you call/text support, it's someone from India who will be very nice...  put USELESS.  They will 'open a case' and request updated tracking info, etc...  but nothing happens.  

All I know, is that I NEED my computer, and Dell seems to be INCOMPETENT.  I mean, Lord help me if I need any technical help...  as they are having a hard enough problem just putting it in a box and shipping it out!

I'm going to cancel the order and buy one from a store where I can walk in...  and walk out WITH a computer!

Dell use to be a lot better than this.

• 

25.7K Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Hi Michael,

I've recived an update that your order has reached Fedex and you should recieve the order either by Monday or Tuesday.

-Susanna

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Tell me about, returning seems impossible too. My return period is up soon, bet I get a response after that, guess I'll have to sling it on Ebay. Not entirely sure how people still buy direct, I've learnt the hard way and not sure how this company gets away with it. Need to find out if some regulatory body exists.

1 Message

July 10th, 2020 04:00

Same here. Very bad experience. Up to now, I still haven't received my refund both on my credit card and debit card. 

No Events found!