Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

4 Posts

December 13th, 2021 18:00

Order delay - must check the forum before ordering!

I ordered a $5k Alienware desktop during the thanksgiving. It was marked as shipping on 12/13/2021. Since the order never entered production, I contacted several times with Dell Customer Service. Each time they replied with saying that some kind of prioritization has been made to the order. It should have been shipped today. However, I checked with the customer service this morning. They told me that the order has been delayed to 12/20/2021. As it is still before the EOY, I feel like it would be ok for me given the part shortage situation. What mostly frustrated me is that 5 hours later I received an email saying that the order would be shipped on 2/1/2022. It is almost two months late! Moreover, I got an Amex offer that has to be redeemed before 12/31/2021. It looks like if they ship my order next year I would not be qualified for the offer. It is a total mess. I also checked the website. It is pretty much unreasonable that if you ordered today the estimate delivery date would also be 2/1/2022. It looks like Dell is giving customer false hope for new orders that they cannot even handle those orders in hand by that time. This is the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had with a modern tech company. Given the situation, I’m not sure whether I should cancel the order or not.

Yep same issue here.  Its the lying that is the issue more so than the actual delays.  Same story here, talked with support many many times and all along they say its all good!

4 Posts

That’s super annoying. Especially when you have to do some financial planning and combine different promotions to order the PC. The customer service is totally …. They’re basically repeating themselves like robots as seen in different threads. 

4 Posts

December 13th, 2021 20:00

Same here, ordered 11/13/21 given ship date of 12/13.  Since order never went into production i contacted early this morning was told no problem, will have the order expedited, what a joke, got an email saying order delivery date had been changed to 01/24/22.

After researching and seeing others wait for 3 months and more for their systems, my question is, is this just a delay tactic and should I just cancel?

4 Posts

December 13th, 2021 20:00

They should have been more precise about the estimate delivery date. We understand that the estimation is just estimation. However, a most likely wrong and much optimistic estimate would hugely impact the decisions that people make. People might miss several promotions from other brands to choose Dell just based on such false estimation. It is kind of fraudulent in marketing.

5 Posts

December 14th, 2021 00:00

If any of you think your getting your computer by Christmas or January or even Feb,mar,April then please look up and read all the comments lol some people waiting since June,July .dell call center,online chat is outsourced to India they don't know anything more than you from what it says online it's a waste of time. They just lie keep your order alive then put a false status as in-production then u can't cancel.i ordered black Friday suppose to ship Dec 10 but I researched after I saw by Dec 6th still not in production so I knew I wasn't gonna get by Christmas for my son's gift. So on the 6th I cancelled bought a nice gaming PC elsewhere have it home now for Christmas.so happy I found all the complains before I couldn't cancel then if I get it 6 months down the road I would have to pay to ship it back .and the Alienware I ordered  is heavy ,on top of a restocking fee they will probably try and charge you . I'm very happy I cancelled everything cramped tight with poor airflow bad bad cheap fans over heating issues,can u imagine after all the wait and shipping problems having to call again to get it fixed over and over .you will go crazy. Everyone needs to cancel all YouTubers need to bring attention to this if anything will change with dell even the customers who have gotten their oc in last couple years will never order again..anyway if your willing to stick out the long long long wait for when you get your PC dont be surprised if 4 months down the road it just gets cancelled online, yeah that happens to some also .cancel now,if already in production demand they cancel cause you been lied too and record every call,chat, and post on YouTube only we can make them change cause of course they know what's going on but people keep ordering .

4 Posts

December 14th, 2021 10:00

Tried to post what ive received so far lol oddly enough its not allowing me to do so

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2021 13:00

Was told the final piece of my order, the aurora R13 with 

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 12900KF

NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3090 24GB GDDR6X
64GB Dual Channel DDR5 at 4400MHz

2TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA

Ordered 11/13/21 scheduled  delivery date of 12/13/21, rescheduled to 01/24/22.  Desktop received today 12/23/21!

• 

25.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2021 17:00

Thank you for taking the time & confirming the order delivery. The delivery dates showing on the site are only an estimate which is not always correct.

The correct details can be provided by teams who are getting updates directly from the warehouse.

-Anita

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2021 17:00

I got almost the same setup. Ordered on 11/28 and the first scheduled delivery is on 12/14. The it was delayed until 2/1/2022. However, the order went in production a few days ago, and I got my desktop today! Looks like the customer care said that they got 900 graphic cards back in stock is correct. 

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2021 18:00

YEA!!!   Lol mine is still sitting in the box, was suppose to be my Christmas present, I think Christmas may come TOMORROW… dies laughing.

i hope many of you have gotten yours also and Christmas is looking brighter for all.

Merry Christmas!

No Events found!