Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2016 16:00

Order delayed without notice

I ordered an Alienware Alpha on 4/7, with the understanding that it would ship in 7-9 days, as stated on the website. When I was given an estimated arrival date of 4/22, I thought nothing of it and figured it was perhaps due to an extended period for building and testing and such. Without being informed, my order was delayed, pushing back another week. A delay for legitimate reasons is understandable, but why was I not informed? I only found out by searching for the order number and the date now being different.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 09:00

Hi Djtekid,

Thanks for posting.

I apologize for the confusion around your recent order and delays.  The notifications team should have sent you an email or something, perhaps it was lost in the spam folder or something.  If not, I apologize again for your not receiving the notice. 

Delays can happen for several reasons, mostly out of our control, such as part shortages, and shipping delays. We depend on a large network of vendors to supply us with parts, and sometimes we have to change vendors if another is unable to supply us with the parts.

I realize this is on our end, but it does affect the final outcome of getting you the computer when we estimated.  If you'll check your order you will see that the shipping and delivery dates are just that "Estimated" things can happen faster or slower depending on a lot of factors.

We do appreciate your patronage and thanks for being patient.  If I can assist you further, please contact me privately.  Thank you.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!